Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Figured out what the kids are getting for their birthdays.......(I am sure I will be bashed)

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is turning 7 next month- he will be getting an Ipad two with a case

My other son is turning 6 in Sept- he is getting the same as my older son. 

My daughter is turning 6 in sept as well she will be doing the big package at the bippity boppity boutique at disney world when we go in Sept.  She will also get an Ipod. (to make it even money wise)

The kids are not having a Birthday party at all since we are going to DW in sept.  (made reservations already) I have an Ipad 3, the twins will get their presents right before we go to DW (driving 20 hours) So they will all be able to play with an Ipad during the trip.  No fighting, ect.  

We are very excited and they have no idea! Yes, it is a bit much.  However we spend that much for their parties, so we are not going over our budgets for the parties.  

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
bumNmoos_mom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

For christmas my dd who is 10 got a Galaxy S3 and an Tablet...My children are spoiled too. They both have thier own laptops, tablets, tv's. DS's, dd has a galaxy, both have ebooks, dd has ipod, Wii and a few other things.. Does not mean they are little snots who are gonna be horrible as adults. Just like OP my dd is a straight "A" student who has never missed a single homework assignment this year, who tested highest in her grade at the school for the girls in state testing, who took gold in the math olympics, who does extra credit when she can and is also very dedicated to her extracoricular activies and does her chores. My ds is also great in school, does his chores and does extracoricular activities.. I hate that people always has that opinion or thought that a child is bratty, mean, selfish or will grow up to be entitled just becaue they are fortunate enough to have  things. My children are prime examples that if you work hard you get what you want.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

If you go, I hope you guys have a great time!

Quoting Vamp:

awesome..we want to take my DD who is turning 6 in october!!!

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

We are not poor, nor are we rich.  I was/am just happy we can do these things for our children.  We save money to do these things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only poor people feel the need to brag about how much money they have to spend.

Who the heck cares what you are buying / doing for your kids' birthdays?

ssocalgirl6
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I meant the BBB package. I would just consider that part of the vacation. We would also do parties, but I am a dork about parties.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Going to disney is not the present.  I the ipads are for the boys, and doing the bbb big package and an ipod for dd.  

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

I don't think a family vacation should be a birthday present.

MCA23
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Man that's a whole lotta money.  Not just OP... in general, towards all of you that are listing off all the expensive gadgets that you've given your kids.  When your 5 year old gets their own iPad for a gift, where do you go from there?  Do you ever have a conversation about it with them in terms of how much it costs, how other kids may not have such a thing and how to be cool about the fact that they do, etc.?  Or is that their 'normal' and they don't think anything of it?

I'm old, really- I find myself rejecting technology more and more.  But today's kids just accept it as part of life. They don't remember a time before all of this stuff existed and they take it for granted, and they also can't understand how it might not always be beneficial.  There's something to be said for looking out the car window and getting lost in your own thoughts, rather than having a screen in front of you doing your thinking/imagining for you.  Interesting shift and I can't help but wonder how today's kids will be different as adults than my own generation is.   

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I don't understand why you would be bashed for this? Those are nice gifts.

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on May. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I dont see why you would get bashed...dd has one right now (IPad)My twins turn 2 next month and besides have a little party,I will probably just deposit money into there savings(a little extra)and buy them some clothes.We just bought a huge swingset that should be here by there birthday(present)and will probably take them to chucky cheese.

SnowWhieQueen
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

aww weres mine? i want one too.....lol

IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I bought my 4 year old (he'll be 5 Sunday) a bunch of TMNT stuff.......lol.

They (my boys: 5 and 6 (will be 7 before Christmas) MAY be getting tablets for Christmas though....MAYBE. I don't know. They got a 3ds this past Christmas so more likely no than yes, but we'll see...lol.

ACDC_fan
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Cool gifts, but I just personally could never buy a child an ipod or ipad. They would have to be at LEAST 13 and prove to me they can take care of it.
Okay, actually, 13 for an ipod. Ipad? 16. Now ay am I giving children these things. 0_o 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured