Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Figured out what the kids are getting for their birthdays.......(I am sure I will be bashed)

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is turning 7 next month- he will be getting an Ipad two with a case

My other son is turning 6 in Sept- he is getting the same as my older son. 

My daughter is turning 6 in sept as well she will be doing the big package at the bippity boppity boutique at disney world when we go in Sept.  She will also get an Ipod. (to make it even money wise)

The kids are not having a Birthday party at all since we are going to DW in sept.  (made reservations already) I have an Ipad 3, the twins will get their presents right before we go to DW (driving 20 hours) So they will all be able to play with an Ipad during the trip.  No fighting, ect.  

We are very excited and they have no idea! Yes, it is a bit much.  However we spend that much for their parties, so we are not going over our budgets for the parties.  

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Another ridiculous mother giving her kids iPads!? What is this world coming to? Yes, I'm going to bash. No kid needs a freaking tablet at that age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Why would you get bashed for getting your child an ipad for their birthday? They are great for children.  We got our son his own because we were tired of him begging to use ours.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Doesn't seem like anything extravagant to me. I suppose it depends on what you are used to.
JustaGirl13
by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

If you have the money to do that then more power to you. I am sure they will love them.

I wouldn't buy them for my kids but I also know how they act and things could easily get destroyed.

They will love them and you will have a quite trip :)

lucydiamond
by LD on May. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I would never get kids that young iPads, simply because I would dread the inevitable struggle of limiting their time on it. Hope y'all have fun!

rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I wouldnt buy those for my kids because the little rats break everything! But thats me and mine.  I'm so jealous about DW. I really want to take my kids there but someone always seems to be standing in the way.  Hope your babies have awesome birthdays!

l0nely
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Wow. Wish I was that lucky
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Considering the school here will have Ipads for the students to use....it is not that farfetched.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Another ridiculous mother giving her kids iPads!? What is this world coming to? Yes, I'm going to bash. No kid needs a freaking tablet at that age.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

If we just did the bbb at the park for dd just because, then it would not be fair to the boys.  What would they get that would be almost 200 at the park? 

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

I meant the BBB package. I would just consider that part of the vacation. We would also do parties, but I am a dork about parties.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Going to disney is not the present.  I the ipads are for the boys, and doing the bbb big package and an ipod for dd.  

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

I don't think a family vacation should be a birthday present.

Arib107
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I can't wait to take my dd (she's only 9 months) but all I can remember as a young child was going To disney world every summer (been 13 times I'm 22) ... And that sounds like a lot of fun , enjoy & take a lot of pictures :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured