Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Figured out what the kids are getting for their birthdays.......(I am sure I will be bashed)

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is turning 7 next month- he will be getting an Ipad two with a case

My other son is turning 6 in Sept- he is getting the same as my older son. 

My daughter is turning 6 in sept as well she will be doing the big package at the bippity boppity boutique at disney world when we go in Sept.  She will also get an Ipod. (to make it even money wise)

The kids are not having a Birthday party at all since we are going to DW in sept.  (made reservations already) I have an Ipad 3, the twins will get their presents right before we go to DW (driving 20 hours) So they will all be able to play with an Ipad during the trip.  No fighting, ect.  

We are very excited and they have no idea! Yes, it is a bit much.  However we spend that much for their parties, so we are not going over our budgets for the parties.  

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Replies (211-218):
JennPearce
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
That's awesome! Lucky kiddos! :)
Hollybriann
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Be sure to charge them up before you give them to them and hit the road
Morticiah
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:41 AM

He deserves it :) He's a good kid. He can work mine now REALLY well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeahfuckingright.

Quoting Morticiah:

Sounds great!!! My four year old Kiddo loves his iPad! I hope they ejoy them.

I can't wait to get him an iPhone :) I was thinking for his fifth or sixth birthday. 

mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Do you want people to be bitter? o_0

Quoting vetNmommy:

So sorry for one mistake.  "rolls eyes"  is it really that big of a deal or are you just bitter about something?

Quoting Anonymous:

The abbreviation for et cetera is etc. not ect..

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Quoting flywifey86:

When I was six, I got an etch a sketch, skip it and barbies. My parents didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars to give me a good birthday.

It is logical for our kids to have iPads. Their schools will be using them in the classroom. Times have changed. We do not have to spend all that money on the kids, but we have our reasons for taking them to dw, for one we want to and two my parents are going with us and this is likely the last big vacation my mom goes on. ( very sick) so forgive me for wanting to ensure my kids can have a great time with their grandma.
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Quoting mrs.ramirez:

Do you want people to be bitter? o_0

Quoting vetNmommy:

So sorry for one mistake.  "rolls eyes"  is it really that big of a deal or are you just bitter about something?

Quoting Anonymous:

The abbreviation for et cetera is etc. not ect..

Of course not, I just do not see the point in pointing out every little typo. It looks ridiculous, this is not a college paper.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Sounds like they'll have a great trip.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

All the kids I know have tablets now.  Anything to keep them occupied on a 20 hour trip is worth the money to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN