Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School projects are getting OUT OF HAND

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD is in fourth grade and we have to build a working amusement park ride.  It has to be to scale and it has to have moving parts.  We have to take pictures of progress and build a schematic for the ride.  In addition, they have to put together a flyer for the amusement park, a cost plan, and integrate their ride with other rides in the park which other students build.  They also have to each put together a model for either a dry goods store (toys or souveniers or whatnot) or a food stand.  We got an e-mail on it today and it is due by 23 May. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

thats way too much for a 4th grader.  my son in 4th grade. there no way he could do all that without some major help. especially on such short notice. absolutely ridiculous.

Josie_P
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
That sounds like a high school project. Wtf. That's way too much for a fourth grader!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

The teacher would get an email from me about this being a ridiculous project with an outrageous time constraint.  My kid would take the F.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd email the teacher asking for a gift card to a store with supplies because there would be no way in hell I could afford that...
ACDC_fan
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I couldn't.....I just could not let that project happen.sorry.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Legos!!!!
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I wish I could lend you my 13 year old. He's definitely engineer material and would make you something that would work.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

OMG. How awful : (

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM

wow... that sounds like an all year project for a 4th grader, not 3 weeks.... good luck... maybe she grades on a curve ;)

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Oh holy hell
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN