Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I walked out of his appointment!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Im getting very annoyed!
Long story short, my son has occupational therapy on wednesdays at 2:30. Ot isnt the only appointment I deal with. I have 4 kids, 3 with special needs but all 4 have appointments that I deal with ranging from therapy for OCD, speech, to occupational therapy. Sometimes I feel like a mad woman running from place to place.
Anyway, we are almost always waiting 10 to 15 minutes in the waiting room at ot. So till around 2:45. My other son is at therapy down the street. I drop my youngest at ot and have enough time to pick my older son up before ot is over.
Another family brings their kid in late and messes my sons ot appointment up all the time.
This time I just left. I wasnt waiting around. My older son was done and waiting. So I took my youngest and left. They called as I pulled in to pick my other son up and said they ran late because of other patients on another floor and acted like it never happened before. Well, it happens almost every other week or so because im waiting on the other kid to finish because he comes in late.
Im about to say the hell with it and do ot at home.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Sorry for the typos. Im shakey because we havent eaten lunch yet. My kids are hungry and I had to turn around and take him back to ot after they called, so we will wait a little longer to eat.
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I hate that.  That used to happen all the time at my Chiro office.  I'd go on my lunch or take off work a fwe minutes early to have enough time to go and still make it to pick up the girls on time.  Never failed that they would be SO behind.  And they didnt even acknowledge it when you check in and say "Hey, we are 30 minutes behind, do you want to reschedule?"  Nope, not a word.  The last time it happened I sat there for 30 minutes PAST my appt time and the waiting room kept filling up and everyone was getting mad. Finally I went to the window and asked what was going on and she said they were behind like it was no big deal.  I admit I got pissy and told her this happens ALL the time and I wasted my whole lunch break just sitting here for nothing.  I told her I wanted to cancel.  As I did this, about half the waiting room stood up and said they wanted to cancel too.  LOL!  I dont go there anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
My youngest son is 6 and my oldest son is 10. It isnt like I can leave him waiting alone in the waiting room
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I'm in the docs office right now for one child. I have my other three with me too. We have been in this small room for over an hour and I'm about to go walk out too. There are only three cars in the parking lot and there are 2 docs on duty.
EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM

i always wondered why they had appts just to make me sit for an hour. it is annoying. if the previous is late, tell them to fuck off. lmfao

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I know right! And lord forbid you be 15 minutes late. You will be turned away.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i always wondered why they had appts just to make me sit for an hour. it is annoying. if the previous is late, tell them to fuck off. lmfao

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ugh thank goodness my girls' occupational therapist comes to our house... then I don't care if she's late

cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You should talk to them about the fact that the other family is always late and offer them the suggestion of switching appointments with that family,as it may allow them to actually be on time. Also suggest that if they are going to continue the appointment before you and their appointment is from say 2-3 pm that they are done at 3pm and it shouldn't matter if they were late or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM

For even regular appointments it sucks. My DD's pedi's office has a sign that states if the patient/parent are ten minutes late to appoint they ask that the patient/parent reschedule.

Well fuck, what about the times I show up ten minutes early just to make damned certain I am on time and wind up waiting around until twenty minutes AFTER the appointment time?  Grrrrr. I get that you have a business to run but fuck, Iif I were hiring you to fix my plumbing or electrical work and you were consistently late to each set appointment time, then I would have to fire you. How is it fair that someone who is paid through my insurance, who  I pay through premiums that they can dick around and make me wait but if I were to do the same, I would get the "black marks"

Double standards are bullshit.

yo_ho
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM
My docs office is always 30 min behind, but I know and plan ahead. She does a really through job and my initial appointment that only allows 15 min turned into almost an hour because of his history and referrals that she made.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured