Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand how it is kidnapping

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 263 Replies
2 moms liked this
How is Amanda Berry's daughter being considered a kidnap victim if she is his daughter and held in the home where she was born with both parents present. I know they were all held against their will, but I didn't realize they could give him a charge for kidnapping on her. I guess I could look up the statute that defines kidnapping.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wicked.Jester
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
7 moms liked this

It doesn't matter where you are held, only that you are held against your will.  Why should it matter where?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Because she was held captive against her will?
Stephanie329
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM
41 moms liked this

I don't see how the baby couldn't be considered a kidnapping victim. The mom was held against her will and obviously raped. She wasn't free to leave with the baby. The more charges thrown at these bastards, the better.

lovevamp
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Quoting Stephanie329:

I don't see how the baby couldn't be considered a kidnapping victim. The mom was held against her will and obviously raped. She wasn't free to leave with the baby. The more charges thrown at these bastards, the better.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
A 6 year old by their parent? He legally has equal custody.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM

if one parent has custody and the other parent removes the child against their will and the will of the custodial parent, it's kidnapping.  he was holding both against their wishes.  even if the child said they were there willingly, someone's going to cry Stockholm Syndrome.  and rightfully so.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When you prevent someone from leaving a home or anywhere it is felony kidnapping. My ex's first wifes husband (got that straight?  lol) once argued with me in my front yard and it escalated to where he snatched my keys from my hand and prevented me from getting in my car and leaving.  I called the police and they came and told him he had just committed felony kidnapping and it was up to me whether or not they arrested him.  I didnt press charges tho, i just asked him to be removed. 

TrouserMouse
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Even rapists can get custody.

Quoting Stephanie329:

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I guess by circumstance. Her mother was being held against her will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
He held everyone even the kid against their will. Hope the man frys.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

A 6 year old by their parent? He legally has equal custody.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)