Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

potty training?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a son that's 2 and a little girl on the way.. I kinda want hin to be potty trained by the time she gets here but I don't want to rush him. How do I know when he's ready to start and how to I potty train him??
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

your'e better off asking the 2's group, rather than startting useless drama on here

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I don't know. I already started with my little girl, she is almost one. You should defiantly start him out sitting though, and work on aim later.good luck.
socal1990grl
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Wow your rude. To bad there isn't a bitch group for people like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

your'e better off asking the 2's group, rather than startting useless drama on here

all4Him999
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Can he pull his own pants up and down? Does he show interest in going on the toilet? Can he go a couple of hours and stay dry? These are signs of being ready to potty train. If he's ready, make a chart and give him a sticker when he pees in the toilet...the first time he does it, make a HUGE deal out of it with praise and maybe even a m&m or something. Make going potty like a big brother the best thing ever and he will be potty trained in no time:). Night time could take years tho, lol...good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

there is and you're in it rite now!!!!!!  LOL

Quoting socal1990grl:

Quoting Anonymous:

socal1990grl
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Says the one who started " useless drama" get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

there is and you're in it rite now!!!!!!  LOL

Quoting socal1990grl:

Quoting Anonymous:

NNB
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I have no idea, I have heard that they may regress when the new sibling arrives, maybe it's best just to wait... ds is 18 months and today decided he didn't want a diaper any more, maybe thats evidence for us... I don't know though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Don't rush a child, he'll let you know when he's ready.. Looks like you'll be changing 2 kiddos diapers.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM

when they are ready... but for target practice throw some cheerios in the potty and have him try to sink them.

i dont know about boys. i pt my oldest starting at two. took a while. i waited till almost 3 with my second dd and it took just a few days and never looked back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM
May son started to potty train around 2.5 but he would lose interest. He wasn't all the way trained until shortly after his 4th birthday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN