Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This A**hole!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
SO has been working towards his dream job for the last 3 years. We had a deal that while he's in his school I bust my ass to pay the bills and once he gets out of school, and after 2 months of both of us working while he settles into his new job, then I can leave my job and go back to school while he takes care of the bills. It will be much less back breaking for him to care for the bills but one of us had to bite the bullet.
So I did because I would have to be in school longer than he would and it would be easier to have more money coming in while I'm in school for 6 years.
So now he's about to graduate. I've gone in and taken an entrance exam and getting ready ahead of time to start fall classes. He gets mad at me and asks why I'm applying to school. I told him because he's finished and after summer the 2 months will be far from over and I can start school. He says that he's not going to be paying all of the bills alone. I told him "I have been for the last 3 years. We talked about this. You will be making more than enough money to handle all of the bills and we'll be comfortable and after I get my degree we'll be set. LIKE WE PLANNED AND TALKED ABOUT CONSTANTLY THE LAST 3 FUCKING YEARS!!"
He says that I have a good paying job and shouldn't leave and it would be wrong of me to throw all the bills on him. I told him I can be making more in the profession I want to go for and we are to transition the paying of the bills in the months before I go to school.
So after all is said and done he says he will leave if I quit. I can't go to school and work. I work long and inconvenient hours M-F and they are not flexible. I already don't have enough time with my kids as it is. (They are not his kids)
What would you do?
I can move back in with my mom but I would still have to work and I hate living with my mom. We get along well as long as we're not in the same house for too long.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Wtf? I'm sorry. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I would stay,  keep working and start saving up money and then once I had enough I would leave his ass high and dry!

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM
5 moms liked this

I am so sorry, but it sounds like he used you to get his degree. :(

RachelsMercy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I would get rid of him asap. It's not gonna get better, and it's going to eat away at you for years and you're going to have a ton of resentment towards him that will never go away. He is being a total asshat. If you have been paying all the bills, kick him out and keep paying them mama! You can go to school online around YOUR schedule. It's not easy but better then living with a douchebag liar who uses you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he is just worried about the security of you working right now. I think that as soon as he is comfortable working and knowing 100percent that he can do it, then you two will be fine for you to go back to school. It just sounds like he's worried. I don't think he's trying to be an a$$.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask him why he thinks it is OK for you to pay all the bills but not him. I would also tell him that if he wants to leave, there is the door, don't let it hit him in the ass... I'm so happy my husband is very supportive of my dreams.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
What's the reason you aren't married? I'd never support a man I wasn't married to because now look...he got the best end of the deal, shitting on you and he has no financial responsibility to you at all
CV3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Oh what an ass. I would give him hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Two months is a little unreasonable. Even if he got his dream job, that's no long enough for him to collect unemployment if something were to happen. Does he even have a job in this field yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Oh no. He's been signed on to work a government job as soon as he graduates for the last 6 months. He starts June 1st. Everything is a go on that part. He will be making enough to cover all of the bills we have now and then some. There will be no scrapping up money for anything!

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like he is just worried about the security of you working right now. I think that as soon as he is comfortable working and knowing 100percent that he can do it, then you two will be fine for you to go back to school. It just sounds like he's worried. I don't think he's trying to be an a$$.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN