Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i wrong(no bashing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
My 50 year old mom seems to think iam wrong, for what you ask, taking the tv out of my 3 year olds room for two weeks because she had a bad tantrum yesterday morning/afternoon in front of the headstart advocate that comes every tuesday for her.

My daughter never acts like that in front of the lady she actually likes her and the lady has known us for 3 years......never once has my daughter acted so rude in front of this lady.

After the lady left i went and took the tv and dvd player out of kiddo's room and told her she's grounded from tv for 2 weeks(we don't have cable). She begged and cried but i'm following through.

My mom asked where kiddo was and i told her in bed she got annoyed and i told her kiddo was on punishment without tv for 2 weeks because she threw a fit. My mom went off on me telling me i'm mean for taking the tv and dvd player away. I hung up on her lol.

Was i wrong for taking the tv and dvd player away. Kiddo finds other things to do i let her have her mobi go tonite. My mom says she needs the tv at nite. As part of her punishment she goes to bed at 8pm too.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM
11 moms liked this

Your kid, your punishment choices.

A lot of people will tell you she shouldn't have a TV in her room in the first place. 

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this
its not much of a punishment if you're giving her another electronic lol. she would DIE at my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Not wrong at all, however two weeks is to long of a time cause in two weeks she nay not remember why it was removed to began with
CherylAnne9
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
5 moms liked this

ummm....Why would a 3 year old even have a tv in her room. And no...2 weeks is not a bad idea. Sounds like it was the perfect thing for her to know that is not acceptable behavior. 

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
3 moms liked this
First of all, No child NEEDS a tv anywhere.
But 2 weeks is too long of a punishment for a 3 year old. In 3 days, she isn't likely to associate the punishment with the crime.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
6 moms liked this

1. She needs to be in bed earlier, being to tired will lead to tantrums. A child her age needs 12 hours of sleep a night.

2. Falling asleep to the tv is bad for their sleep cycles, leading to tantrums. 

You are setting her up for failure.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Your mom is wrong.  Plain and simple.  I would actually leave the tv out of her room permanently.  No child "needs tv at night".  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
We use the mobi go as a learning tool she's learning how to count money

Quoting spooky415:

its not much of a punishment if you're giving her another electronic lol. she would DIE at my house.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

2 weeks is too long a punishment for a child that age. She will forget what she did wrong long before the punishment is over.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Agree. And she should be in by by 8. She's 3.

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

First of all, No child NEEDS a tv anywhere.

But 2 weeks is too long of a punishment for a 3 year old. In 3 days, she isn't likely to associate the punishment with the crime.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN