Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ectopic pregnancy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

9 and a half years ago, I got my tubes tied. I honestly don't remember how the Dr done them, whether it was cut, burnt and tied, or just clamped or what. I had what I thought was my period April 28th. Everything seemed normal for me, I always go 3 days. I very rarely ever get cramps. First day light, second day average flow (not heavy, but I have to use a super tampon) and the third day lightening up until it's finally gone. Ever since then, I've had a light red/brownish discharge when I wipe. I've been having cramps in my lower abdomen, nauseated, and tired as hell.

My question is: Will a pregnancy test detect it as a pregnancy even if it is ectopic? I plan on going and getting a pregnancy test at Walgreens after Dh gets home from work, if it will detect it. My youngest is 9, will be 10 in a couple of months!! I've heard of women getting pregnant years after a tubal ligation. I'm just scared that it's an ectopic and I know those can be dangerous for a woman.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (51-57):
Gracies_mommy12
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I have a brain thank you and i do read and i have a learning disability and a disorder where i skip over word and mix them around and im still damn smart:) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow a brain. Read a book. Dumb, much?

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Somebody needs a xanex.. bitchy much? its one thing wrong i admitted it.. get the fuck over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Duh. An ectopic doesn't set a clock as to when it will rupture. Mine ruptured at 7 weeks, well before the 3 month period.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

I just googled it and it dont give a specific time so my bad on that i dont know if its changed since i was told at 15 or not 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you're very misinformed.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

thats what i read at on a paplet from my doctors office... the doctor told me the samething because i have pcos which increases the risk of eptopic pregnancy so the doctor informed me about it..  rupture and explode what ever the points across.. take a happy pill...next time i post ill make sure to run it through you my bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, you're off. 1) it can and does rupture far before 3 months. Not always. It depends on the growth. The fallopian tube is the size of a thread. It just can't accomodate a 3 month old fetus. 2) oftentimes US don't pick it up. Bloodwork and monitoring hormone rises is the best way to detect it. 3) the tube ruptures not explodes.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

i believe it detects them but if you can as soon as possible go to the doctor get a blood test and if you have to a ultra sound they are dangerous after 3 months it can explode your tubes and kill you

jacandjay
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
You admitted you were wrong in a very bitchy manner... maybe if you had said it diff.there would be no need for all the sarcasm and back and forth between you 2

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow a brain. Read a book. Dumb, much?

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Somebody needs a xanex.. bitchy much? its one thing wrong i admitted it.. get the fuck over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Duh. An ectopic doesn't set a clock as to when it will rupture. Mine ruptured at 7 weeks, well before the 3 month period.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

I just googled it and it dont give a specific time so my bad on that i dont know if its changed since i was told at 15 or not 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you're very misinformed.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

thats what i read at on a paplet from my doctors office... the doctor told me the samething because i have pcos which increases the risk of eptopic pregnancy so the doctor informed me about it..  rupture and explode what ever the points across.. take a happy pill...next time i post ill make sure to run it through you my bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, you're off. 1) it can and does rupture far before 3 months. Not always. It depends on the growth. The fallopian tube is the size of a thread. It just can't accomodate a 3 month old fetus. 2) oftentimes US don't pick it up. Bloodwork and monitoring hormone rises is the best way to detect it. 3) the tube ruptures not explodes.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

i believe it detects them but if you can as soon as possible go to the doctor get a blood test and if you have to a ultra sound they are dangerous after 3 months it can explode your tubes and kill you

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Yes. It happened to my best friend's sister. If you get a positive go to the er ASAP. Sister had to have an emergency hysterectomy because she didn't know until it was too late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Update: Pregnancy test is negative. Going to call for an appt at my ob in the morning. Something is going on. Thanks ladies!!
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
It depends. My symptoms were bleeding, pain on my left side, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and I almost fainted a few times.
Mine was missed on ultrasound at 6 weeks and labeled as a miscarriage. 2 weeks later I was in emergency surgery and it was found.

Quoting stargaze281:

now I'm wondering how do you know if you're having an ectopic or a normal pregnancy? lets say your tubes aren't tied but you have an ectopic, how can you tell if it is ?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

My HPT was negative with my ectopic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Really? Mine did NOT show on ultrasound.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

And Ill add my mom went to school and is educated about that to and she said im right and its by ultrasound they monitor..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll add 4) don't give advice on something you know jackshit about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

thank goodness they found it and you survived. But, it's sad that they couldn't detect it the first time especially with an ultrasound!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

It depends. My symptoms were bleeding, pain on my left side, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and I almost fainted a few times.
Mine was missed on ultrasound at 6 weeks and labeled as a miscarriage. 2 weeks later I was in emergency surgery and it was found.

Quoting stargaze281:

now I'm wondering how do you know if you're having an ectopic or a normal pregnancy? lets say your tubes aren't tied but you have an ectopic, how can you tell if it is ?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

My HPT was negative with my ectopic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)