Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic pregnancy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

9 and a half years ago, I got my tubes tied. I honestly don't remember how the Dr done them, whether it was cut, burnt and tied, or just clamped or what. I had what I thought was my period April 28th. Everything seemed normal for me, I always go 3 days. I very rarely ever get cramps. First day light, second day average flow (not heavy, but I have to use a super tampon) and the third day lightening up until it's finally gone. Ever since then, I've had a light red/brownish discharge when I wipe. I've been having cramps in my lower abdomen, nauseated, and tired as hell.

My question is: Will a pregnancy test detect it as a pregnancy even if it is ectopic? I plan on going and getting a pregnancy test at Walgreens after Dh gets home from work, if it will detect it. My youngest is 9, will be 10 in a couple of months!! I've heard of women getting pregnant years after a tubal ligation. I'm just scared that it's an ectopic and I know those can be dangerous for a woman.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (51-57):
Gracies_mommy12
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I have a brain thank you and i do read and i have a learning disability and a disorder where i skip over word and mix them around and im still damn smart:) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow a brain. Read a book. Dumb, much?

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Somebody needs a xanex.. bitchy much? its one thing wrong i admitted it.. get the fuck over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Duh. An ectopic doesn't set a clock as to when it will rupture. Mine ruptured at 7 weeks, well before the 3 month period.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

I just googled it and it dont give a specific time so my bad on that i dont know if its changed since i was told at 15 or not 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you're very misinformed.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

thats what i read at on a paplet from my doctors office... the doctor told me the samething because i have pcos which increases the risk of eptopic pregnancy so the doctor informed me about it..  rupture and explode what ever the points across.. take a happy pill...next time i post ill make sure to run it through you my bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, you're off. 1) it can and does rupture far before 3 months. Not always. It depends on the growth. The fallopian tube is the size of a thread. It just can't accomodate a 3 month old fetus. 2) oftentimes US don't pick it up. Bloodwork and monitoring hormone rises is the best way to detect it. 3) the tube ruptures not explodes.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

i believe it detects them but if you can as soon as possible go to the doctor get a blood test and if you have to a ultra sound they are dangerous after 3 months it can explode your tubes and kill you

jacandjay
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
You admitted you were wrong in a very bitchy manner... maybe if you had said it diff.there would be no need for all the sarcasm and back and forth between you 2

Quoting Anonymous:

Grow a brain. Read a book. Dumb, much?

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Somebody needs a xanex.. bitchy much? its one thing wrong i admitted it.. get the fuck over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Duh. An ectopic doesn't set a clock as to when it will rupture. Mine ruptured at 7 weeks, well before the 3 month period.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

I just googled it and it dont give a specific time so my bad on that i dont know if its changed since i was told at 15 or not 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you're very misinformed.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

thats what i read at on a paplet from my doctors office... the doctor told me the samething because i have pcos which increases the risk of eptopic pregnancy so the doctor informed me about it..  rupture and explode what ever the points across.. take a happy pill...next time i post ill make sure to run it through you my bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, you're off. 1) it can and does rupture far before 3 months. Not always. It depends on the growth. The fallopian tube is the size of a thread. It just can't accomodate a 3 month old fetus. 2) oftentimes US don't pick it up. Bloodwork and monitoring hormone rises is the best way to detect it. 3) the tube ruptures not explodes.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

i believe it detects them but if you can as soon as possible go to the doctor get a blood test and if you have to a ultra sound they are dangerous after 3 months it can explode your tubes and kill you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Yes. It happened to my best friend's sister. If you get a positive go to the er ASAP. Sister had to have an emergency hysterectomy because she didn't know until it was too late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Update: Pregnancy test is negative. Going to call for an appt at my ob in the morning. Something is going on. Thanks ladies!!
bowribbonmama
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
It depends. My symptoms were bleeding, pain on my left side, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and I almost fainted a few times.
Mine was missed on ultrasound at 6 weeks and labeled as a miscarriage. 2 weeks later I was in emergency surgery and it was found.

Quoting stargaze281:

now I'm wondering how do you know if you're having an ectopic or a normal pregnancy? lets say your tubes aren't tied but you have an ectopic, how can you tell if it is ?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

My HPT was negative with my ectopic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Really? Mine did NOT show on ultrasound.

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

And Ill add my mom went to school and is educated about that to and she said im right and its by ultrasound they monitor..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll add 4) don't give advice on something you know jackshit about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

thank goodness they found it and you survived. But, it's sad that they couldn't detect it the first time especially with an ultrasound!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

It depends. My symptoms were bleeding, pain on my left side, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and I almost fainted a few times.
Mine was missed on ultrasound at 6 weeks and labeled as a miscarriage. 2 weeks later I was in emergency surgery and it was found.

Quoting stargaze281:

now I'm wondering how do you know if you're having an ectopic or a normal pregnancy? lets say your tubes aren't tied but you have an ectopic, how can you tell if it is ?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

My HPT was negative with my ectopic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)