Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a woman be forced?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 55 Replies

to testify against her rapist if she is able? Or man for that matter. I understand their will was already stripped away from the victim once, but what if it would certainly catch the rapist?

I'm watching law and order svu btw, lol

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, or they should be held liable for any victims after them.

jeweldragons
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I don't think so. 

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I think they should have to testify, but I would never hold a victim liable to other victims 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If they don't testify they are allowing for the likelihood of more victims.

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

I think they should have to testify, but I would never hold a victim liable to other victims 

Quoting Anonymous:

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on May. 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM

That's hard. Testifying is very hard. I had to do it. It shattered me. It was humiliating and he sat there with a smug look on his face. He had already signed two confessions, making it go to court was just another way to torment and humiliate me. He also didn't think I would show (according to people that know both of us) and he figured if I didn't show, he would go free even with his confessions and the officers testifying. I completley understand why victims do not go forward with testifying. Especially if you do not have a squeaky clean past.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

On video maybe, but in person, in the courtroom, NO. I can only imagine that one would be TERRIFIED, CONFUSED, ETC. To FORCE anything on them sounds wrong.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on May. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any idea how difficult and humiliating it is? I would never make them liable for future victims. The court system is skewed to be fair to the rapist, not the victim. He gets a fair trial, she gets ripped apart by the defense.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they don't testify they are allowing for the likelihood of more victims.

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

Quoting Anonymous:

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Yes, though I don't think they should have to see one another. I think the same should be true in other violent crimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM
That's a hard one. I have a hard time saying yes to this. I do see the benefits of making then testify. I wonder if there's a legal way to make sure they don't have to sit in the room as their rapist? Find a way to help them feel safe and secure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)