Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HHHHHHHEEEELLLLPPPPP

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 22 Replies

I need to get into the habit of getting up at 5am. Right now, the kids have about a month of school left, so I get enough quiet time in the afternoon when my toddler takes a nap...I have time to work out and do my Bible time (don't hassle me), but in the summer when they're home all day and I have my stepkids as well, I'm not going to have time to do these things in the afternoon. I don't even know how I'm going to manage a shower, honestly. Unless I wait until night, but then my hair is going to disagree with me all damn day long the next day.

Anyway, I'm the farthest thing from a morning person. I'm an afternoon/night person. I get up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school and by the time babyboo goes down for her nap, I'm ready to zonk out. It takes every ounce of energy I have to keep going. I figure if I can get up earlier in the morning, I can do the quiet time things. I keep setting my alarm for 5, but somebody *looks around* keeps hitting the snooze until it won't snooze anymore and just goes away until the 6:30 alarm goes.

I don't know why I said HELP, nobody can do anything about it. My brain just has to convince my fat ass to get out of the warm, snuggly bed. But hoowww?? 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trailerrrtrash
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Maybe if I set my alarm to say "Get moving, fat ass...remember you're a chunky girl. Earn that cake!" or some shit...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Get up at 5am or else your dh's belly button will eat you.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

get an annoying alarm clock with a rousing noise and put it out of reach to force yourself to get out of bed to turn it off.

trailerrrtrash
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Oh God...he does have a deep one. I'd be a goner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get up at 5am or else your dh's belly button will eat you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Go to bed earlier and it will be easier to get up at 5.

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I get up at 3 am for work...I have 2 alarms set.  I have been doing this for 2 years now, and it is still hard.  I used to go to bed @3.

trailerrrtrash
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I saw one that you have to step on to turn off. At first I thought it was a good idea...but I see myself just trying to drop books from my side table on it. lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

get an annoying alarm clock with a rousing noise and put it out of reach to force yourself to get out of bed to turn it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
They make ones that drive around on the floor and you have to chase after it to turn it off. :)

Quoting OwlNuggets:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Just keep it simple, get a classic alarm clock and put it across the room.

Quoting trailerrrtrash:

I saw one that you have to step on to turn off. At first I thought it was a good idea...but I see myself just trying to drop books from my side table on it. lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
trailerrrtrash
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Bless your heart! I don't think I could do that job!

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

I get up at 3 am for work...I have 2 alarms set.  I have been doing this for 2 years now, and it is still hard.  I used to go to bed @3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN