Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I like to have my...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
For computer savvy mamas..

Which is better...quad core processor or accelerated processor (for gaming)?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My IT Tech of a husband says Quad Core. He says that more processes can be done at once compaired to an accelerated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Ok thanks! :-)

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

My IT Tech of a husband says Quad Core. He says that more processes can be done at once compaired to an accelerated.

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM

No problem. He build his own gaming rig and helped me through a ton of questions for getting my laptop, which handles games like WoW and Bioshock Infinite like child's play. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thats what we are trying to download. We had to get a new laptop, but WoW is only downloading at around 173 kb/s :-\ Its an hp quad core, not sure why its so slow.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

No problem. He build his own gaming rig and helped me through a ton of questions for getting my laptop, which handles games like WoW and Bioshock Infinite like child's play. :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Do you play League of Legends by any chance??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No. Just WoW. :-\ Whats league of legends like?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

It's fun. I play at least a game every night. But, it's a high ' troll ' community. It's hard to find decent players. I really like it despite all that crap though.   Anyways, I was just wondering!   I can't help you with computer stuff, SO knows way more about that than I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Well, it could be a number of things, from your Firewall being up, to your ISP's having low download times. I'd go to www.speedtest.net and see where your connection is rating at, if it's up to what you're paying for(We discovered that although we were paying for 35 mbs down at night it would drop to like 12 mbs down because we didn't have a dedicated connection. We then switched ISP's and have had no issues since then.), then I'd double check your firewall. If that doesn't work then you can always try using an actual connection, like a Cat 5 running to your modem.

When I d/led WoW on my laptop(I have Quad Core, too.) it took about an hour to get it d/led with the patches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what we are trying to download. We had to get a new laptop, but WoW is only downloading at around 173 kb/s :-\ Its an hp quad core, not sure why its so slow.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I've been wanting to try LoL for a long time, but everyone I know who plays says it's full of asshats who are super rude and mean, lol.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

It's fun. I play at least a game every night. But, it's a high ' troll ' community. It's hard to find decent players. I really like it despite all that crap though.   Anyways, I was just wondering!   I can't help you with computer stuff, SO knows way more about that than I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yeah. It's mostly true. It also will probably take awhile for any new member to figure it out so a lot of the people give up easily because of that AND because it's full of cuntrags. Since the game has been out, they have updated and added new things to it WEEKLY so even as an older member, I am still ' learning ' the game, in a sense. 

I play with SO and a couple of his friends from work some times.  It's the only way to make the game fun. Playing with people you know.  It's a free game so no wonder there are so many trolls.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

I've been wanting to try LoL for a long time, but everyone I know who plays says it's full of asshats who are super rude and mean, lol.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured