Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do i have to find this out from my DD's friend?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

my dd's friend called me today (her friend is like another dd to me) and told me if i heard that dd was getting married in a week!!!!why do i have to find this out from a friend?! my dd doesnt even plan to have anyone there they are just going to sign the papers and be done with it....how my dd's friend found out i will never know

im so annoyed

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just defer to other ladies who aren't as concerned with sounding harsh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just defer to other ladies who aren't as concerned with sounding harsh.

iv never done anything to my dd to make her not want to tell me anything,she always tells me everything,she even told me her and her df were planning to try for another baby this year.idk why they are ditching the thing theyve been planning for 3 years to just go run off and get married randomly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

ugh bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

my dd wont even answer her phone right now....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

bump

mamanjulie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Just a thought, what if this is about keeping it secret from HIS parents? Keep an open mind. I 'd be heartbroken also, but she'll tell you about it someday ( hopefully soon!)
tlcory
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Sounds like something my SD would do.  I know your frustration, sorry you are going through this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Quoting mamanjulie:

Just a thought, what if this is about keeping it secret from HIS parents? Keep an open mind. I 'd be heartbroken also, but she'll tell you about it someday ( hopefully soon!)

her friend said they just arent telling anyone (except her and one of his friends from work)

HezekiahsMom07
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM
She obviously doesn't feel like she can tell you things. Maybe instead of making a big deal about it, let her know that you're a little hurt, but are there to support her if she needs anything.

I dont tell my mom stuff cause she makes a big deal out of things. Ijs
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

What if it is due to insurance needs?  There could be something behind why they are doing it the way they are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)