Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession.. about my dogs..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I hate my two dogs.. all they do is bark at everything.. piss all over my house.. and destroy shit.. they are stupid and gross and I am getting rid of them this week...

I also lied and told the lady at the dog rescue that my son is autistic (he is) and that he hurts the dogs so I need to rehome them..

I know I am a terrible person but I literally cannot handle them any more.. I'm done with cleaning up pee.. dogs are nasty animals.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Ill-trained, unaltered dogs are nasty animals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

we adopted they at 3 years old each... I never wanted the second one but the people were desperate.. I've tried and tried to get the male one to stop pissing all over.. he goes out.. comes in and pees on the floor.. its been two years.. I tried crate training.. tried puppy pads.. I have had to remove the carpet from my home.. he still pees all over.. today he peed on our lawn furniture cusions.. I just hate this dog.. I know he knows I hate him too because he avoids me.. argggg... oh and yes he is fixed..

Quoting Sanctimommy:

lovinmama411
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I am afraid if I got a dog I would feel this way. I hate feeling like my kids are missing out because they have never had a pet but I just don't know if it would be a good situation. I couldn't stand an animal peeing in my carpet and DH works nights so a dog barking all day wouldn't work at all. I have almost gave in a couple times and got one, but I would hate to regret it and hate the dog being here but the kids being attached to it. 

How big are the dogs? Could they just stay outside? 

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I'm not a bleeding heart, or anything, but how could you take in an animal that you hate? That is doing him a genuine disservice. There's a family out there that is a much better match for his personality. I hope he finds it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just hate this dog.. I know he knows I hate him too because he avoids me.. argggg... oh and yes he is fixed..

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I didn't hate him when we got him.. its my frustration with cleaning pee up all the time.. seeing him destroy my house..

Quoting Sanctimommy:

I'm not a bleeding heart, or anything, but how could you take in an animal that you hate? That is doing him a genuine disservice. There's a family out there that is a much better match for his personality. I hope he finds it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just hate this dog.. I know he knows I hate him too because he avoids me.. argggg... oh and yes he is fixed..

Quoting Sanctimommy:

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

if you are giving them away to a good home, then it's cool.

I get a new dog almost every month from the local pound so it won't get put to sleep. It usually doesn't work out, but we get him healthy and trained and then find him a new home

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I'm sorry your going through this. My boxer has destroyed so many things. It's out of control. I wanted to give him up. But I after a night if crying I realized. I made a huge commitment to this dog when I brought him home. He was my family. Believe me I understand I have had. Comforters destroyed. Shoes demolished. Pillow taken out. Now we try to excerise him as much as we can. The urninating thing. You need to reward postive behavior of going potty outside. I have a smaller dog that use to pee inside everyday. Enough to where I got a Bissel carpet cleaner. Lol Now with treats she goes potty outside Good luck !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Bump
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I'm sorry that you had to lie, but I'm glad that they are going to a rescue where they will find a new home.  You only have so much to give in a day, and I'm sure that taking care of an autistic child keeps you very busy. 

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM

This sucks. My in-laws refused to get their 2nd dog fixed until after he was almost 2, even though I warned them REPEATEDLY what would happen. Now they're going to have to replace all their carpet. And I'm going to have to have the carpets cleaned here after he goes back home because he's already pissed in the house 6 times in the past 3 days.(They're on vacation for 2 weeks.)

I wish I could keep him outside but he's a pug and it's just been too hot here to leave him outside. So he's going to have to be in his crate. 

This sucks for you, though.

Quoting Anonymous:

we adopted they at 3 years old each... I never wanted the second one but the people were desperate.. I've tried and tried to get the male one to stop pissing all over.. he goes out.. comes in and pees on the floor.. its been two years.. I tried crate training.. tried puppy pads.. I have had to remove the carpet from my home.. he still pees all over.. today he peed on our lawn furniture cusions.. I just hate this dog.. I know he knows I hate him too because he avoids me.. argggg... oh and yes he is fixed..

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)