Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I ran away from home and am now considered a missing person...

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 17 Replies
So, this evening while I'm trying to simultaneously take care of my over fussy baby and my very sick mother who's recovering from surgery, My sister accidentally shows me, (for the first time) her scars from her suicide attempt from a few months ago, while she's telling me about how my cousin was over earlier, but had to go home because she's apparently got a (contagious) stomach virus that she has now exposed my Mom to. So now, I'm going to be paranoid till at least tomorrow that mom is going to come down with that on top of everything else that's wrong with her. I honestly don't know if she would survive that.

Not to mention I can't get those scars on my sister's wrists out of my head, and they were along the vein, not across the wrist. I keep thinking how cuts across the wrist mean a psychiatric hospital stay, along the vein usually means the morgue.

Not to mention between this baby, who likes to banshee shriek at me all day, (and I already suffer from constant headaches), and my dh, I'm about ready for a nice rubber room and straight jacket, myself.

E.T.A. OK, so the title was originally, ''family stress'', but nobody was clicking on that so I changed it. Sneaky of me. I know. I do often fantasize about making that new title come true though. I really don't feel like I can handle my life sometimes. I think all the time of just chucking it all, getting in my car, and not looking back, but then I think about how that would affect my kids and know of course, I could never do that to them.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Bump!
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
It's funny, when I make posts about stupid things, I get tons of replies. I had one the other night that just said, ''Hi!" Seriously, that was the whole post, and I got lots of replies right away, and I post about something serious like this, and I get nothin'. Come on people! I need a sounding board, and I can't afford a therapist! I'm not above changing my title just to get y'all in here...
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
O.k. just remember! You all made me do it! I'm changing the title... let me think of something that will make people click on this... hmmm...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I can't imagine what you are going thru.  Just breath.  That's all I can say. 

Brookiesmom2011
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I'm so sorry for what you are going through :( I really don't have any advise to offer, but I definitely think your sister needs to see someone about what she did. I can't stop picturing those scars now either. 

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
My son is a banshee screamer too. When you need to, put the baby somewhere safe and go outside. You need a break. I'm sorry for everything that you are going through. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Thanks. This morning was especially rough. Mom was in lots of pain and couldn't stop trembling. Dad took her back to the hospital. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't imagine what you are going thru.  Just breath.  That's all I can say. 

towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
And a side note, I was replying while it was still called family stress. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Yeah, she has. She's on a few different meds now.

Quoting Brookiesmom2011:

I'm so sorry for what you are going through :( I really don't have any advise to offer, but I definitely think your sister needs to see someone about what she did. I can't stop picturing those scars now either. 

loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Thanks. That's a good idea. Sometimes I put her in her crib, turn her cartoon on and go take a bath.

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

My son is a banshee screamer too. When you need to, put the baby somewhere safe and go outside. You need a break. I'm sorry for everything that you are going through. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)