Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your kids go to private or public school?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
For those whose kids go to private school...how expensive is it? I'm thinking of putting my kids in private school and want to know how much it really is.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4_little_angels
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Public
cmabbott
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Depends on the school and where you live. My oldest stays with her dad for the school year and goes to public school. DS attended pre-k in public but the school district is awful. To get him to have the same level of education my oldest receives we had no choice but to send him to private next year. It's $2400 per year.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM

public

Proudmomma0407
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Public

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
The school I'm sending my kids to next year ours 1200 per kid plus uniforms and instrument rental if they choose to play one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

public

waffa
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

depends on where you live; check out local private schools, and make appointments to talk about it.

btw, where I live private non-religious schools are about $1500/mo, and religious ones are about $2000/mo for upper grades (middle thru high school)

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Private... tuition varies GREATLY based on the individual school. My youngest is at a small Christian school, not affiliated with our church, and his tuition for pre-K this year was $4500. My older guy is finishing kindergarten at a Montessori school, tuition for the year was just shy of $6000 and included lunch. Next year they will both be going to a preparatory day school affiliated with a major state university, and their tuition *would be* $28,500 each but we get a massive discount because I teach at the university. I believe in private school education, but no way could we afford $57,000 a year for 12 years.
petie1104
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Charter

We get the benefits of private with none of the cost. Small teacher/student ratio, the classes are taught how we want them to be (this seems to be the charter capital or something so they compete heavily here), good food, caring staff, input in education. Best part is its free.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN