Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Finally ready to admit I have a problem....... *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I'm addicted to pain killers. I have chronic pain. Was diagnosed with scoliocis and arthritis in my spine at age 16. My roommate went in for the same addiction last week. Since he began treatment, I've only gotten worse.

I'm currently withdrawing so bad. I called a methadone clinic today but unfortunately they were closed and I have to wait until tomorrow to schedule an appointment. Even then they only do new patient intake on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are normally booked at least a week out. I'm so scared because idk if I can make it that long. I'm praying they'll be able to take me earlier though. Somehow my roommate was able to get an appointment sooner cuz he was so bad and talked to the regional supervisor. I'm hoping that they'll be able to do the same for me. I'm so scared and would love to get some advice or hear someone else's story.......

*Update*
So when I called the next day, they turned me down right away before hearing my whole story because I haven't done any other outpatient program before. My roommate talked to his counselor at the clinic and she was PISSED that they wouldn't listen. She had me called the head lady who's on vacation and leave a huge voicemail detailing my situation and now my roommates counselor will be majorly pushing for me to be let in as soon as she comes back. I've managed to find stuff to hold me over until then but I'm soooooooo antsy for the call back. I was beyond devastated after the first call and PISSED that they wouldn't even listen to me. I went out and did some really stupid shit because I felt so hopeless. I KNOW I need help and they wouldn't even take 2 mins to listen to me.

For the people telling me to go to the ER to get methadone or subs, I know for a fact that they don't give it out here. They have huge signs about it right when you walk in. I wish I could do this on my own at home, but it's gone too far and would probably kill me. Also, people are suggesting subs instead of methadone. I would prefer subs, but I take as much as my roommate who went in and requested subs but they told him with how much he uses, he'd have better luck with the methadone.

My roommate wrote me a huge encouraging letter about how I can do this and how so many people are fighting for me at the clinic. I've been keeping it on me as encouragement and its helping with the wait. I'm hoping by Tuesday or Wednesday to finally have a plan laid out for me and its so relaxing to think about not having to hurt myself or put myself in danger anymore. To all of you amazing women who have given me words of encouragement, I thank you soooooo much. You have no idea what it means to me!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Get help!

I've hit rock bottom and will now admit I'm an alcoholic. I'm still too embarrassed to tell anyone and seek help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Well I wasnt addicted to pain killers I was addicted to cocaine for the simple reason it numbed me and I didn't have to feel anything I finaly got help and i've been clean for almost forteen years. 

You've done one of the hardest parts admitting you have a problem, the rest isnt going to be easy but it will get easier each day that you're clean.  I wish you luck.

Gracies_mommy12
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Do you have any alanon near you.. its mostly for alcoholics but i went to get a idea of the thinking of my childs father and there was people with different addictions and i dont have a substance problem but i think it could help anyone

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Good luck! If you can do it without the methadone do it, that's just trading one addiction for another. It's hard, and it's hell, but it's doable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Thank you. I'm just really scared for the wait. A week seems like forever T_T

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I wasnt addicted to pain killers I was addicted to cocaine for the simple reason it numbed me and I didn't have to feel anything I finaly got help and i've been clean for almost forteen years. 

You've done one of the hardest parts admitting you have a problem, the rest isnt going to be easy but it will get easier each day that you're clean.  I wish you luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Alanon? Is that AA? I know my roommate gone to NA's meeting before seeking treatment, but he said they were horrid.......

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Do you have any alanon near you.. its mostly for alcoholics but i went to get a idea of the thinking of my childs father and there was people with different addictions and i dont have a substance problem but i think it could help anyone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I've tried doing it on my own, but I think I bypassed that point already.......

Quoting Zazayam:

Good luck! If you can do it without the methadone do it, that's just trading one addiction for another. It's hard, and it's hell, but it's doable.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM

It only takes a couple days to get the physical part over with, if you can lock yourself in your room or something and just power through it it's so worth it. I mean methadone is a step up, don't get me wrong, but just off everything is the way to go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried doing it on my own, but I think I bypassed that point already.......

Quoting Zazayam:

Gracies_mommy12
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM

yea it is..oh well for some people it works for some it just not their thing but i wish the best for you what ever treatment you do seek

Quoting Anonymous:

Alanon? Is that AA? I know my roommate gone to NA's meeting before seeking treatment, but he said they were horrid.......

Quoting Gracies_mommy12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN