Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HPV..ugh *edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
Anybody on here have it? I was diagnosed after my baby was born. It's caused some pretty embarrassing stuff, luckily for me, dh isn't freaked out about it, but I am. My confidence level was already low enough..this just made it 10 times worse. I need some advice and support. I go back to the dr next month to see if its gotten better or worse and I'm freaking the f out.

The main reason I'm so worried is because we want another baby. I'm terrified the dr will tell me I can't have any more kids.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I had a low risk strain in high school. It cleared up on its own with no issues . Do you have a high risk strain? 

zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
What symptoms u have? I dont just curious
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

What embarassment has it caused?  I had it since 2003-- Ihad some cells removed then and nothing since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I have mild dysphasia or whatever it's called.

Quoting Fields456:

I had a low risk strain in high school. It cleared up on its own with no issues . Do you have a high risk strain? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Warts

Quoting Anonymous:

What embarassment has it caused?  I had it since 2003-- Ihad some cells removed then and nothing since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I had the high risk strain. Had to get biopsies, had to get a procedure done where they take it out. Scary stuff. The docs told me there are a few different strains of it. That 60% or more of sexually active woman have it and dont even know
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Warts

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
There is more than one strain of hpv. And a high percentage of women have it. Also a high percentage of men carry and/or have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
It sucks. I hate it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had the high risk strain. Had to get biopsies, had to get a procedure done where they take it out. Scary stuff. The docs told me there are a few different strains of it. That 60% or more of sexually active woman have it and dont even know
Zazayam
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My SIL has it. Just keep up on your doctor visits, it can lead to some bad stuff, but it isn't that bad in itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured