Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tomorrow could kill me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
i'm sitting here chainsmoking, and stuffing my face with king sized candy bars and mnt dews. my kids are in bed, and i'm netflixing greys anatomy. its 11:30, and I should be asleep, but I cant sleep. we have a big day tomorrow. tomorrow is the day when I get put on trial. my kids and I will wake up early, and head to the courthouse, where I could lose them. I could lose my kids tomorrow, and it will kill me. I've spent the last hour, trying to decide what to wear. what will say " im responsible, please don't take my kids". a month ago, me and my mom were best friends. she stood next to me, defending my parenting in court against my ex and his family. tomorrow my mother will testify against me. how did we get here? how the hell did this happen? I don't know. I don't know why. I just know that my mother over the last week, has managed to convince people that i'm the next casey Anthony. i'm a mom who works full time. I don't have friends, I don't go out, I have had 2 drinks in the past year and a half. my kids are happy and healthy and straight A kids with perfect attendance. but I don't have money, and my exes family does. where I live living together unmarried is a sin. it doesn't matter if you have been best friends for 5 years, unmarried is an immortal sin. and I live with my boyfriend, unmarried. the allegations against us from my mother are horrific. they even used the word satanic when referring to how I punish my kids. im trying to be strong, smile for my kids, but my heart is beyond broken. I haven't cried, I haven't cracked. trying to breathe. cps is coming with me to court tomorrow. i'm praying its enough to save us. my mother, who is one of the most ungodly people I know, is at a prayer church meeting tonight. and then tomorrow she will go and take an oath. raise her right hand and lie about me. her only daughter. her best friend up until a month ago. its going to kill me. I don't know how to survive this.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
raynesmommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I hope everything works out for the Children's sake.

okeydokie
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
MIL was on BM's side when we went through our custody battle. I will never understand that woman. We ended up with custody. I just don't understand how a mom could go against their own child. *in most normal circumstances. In cases of abuse or neglect, I totally get it.*

Quoting RainbowBrite111:

He must be a really good liar.

Quoting okeydokie:

What in the world did your ex say to your mom to get her on his side?

bascha
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Rainbow already covered all that I could have said, plus some. ;) Do let us know how it goes, and good luck to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Seriously follow this advice. Give her all the rope she needs to hang herself.

Quoting RainbowBrite111:

Op - Don't worry about them. Seriously time to get ready. Did you read what I told you about what to wear? About not interrupting your mother? Etc? And the ped? Seriously, I don't care if your mother calls you a crackhead whore who allows her pimp to watch her kids, you do not interrupt her. You wait your turn, you keep your cool, you will have a chance to answer her. Don't call your mother any names. Keep CALM. Answer the judges questions. Think before you speak, seriously. If it sounds bad, change your wording. You can tell the judge you have never been a prostitute, but do not turn around and call your mother names. Let her be the crazy one. Seriously. The judge will see it if you give your mother a chance to show it. My father is a very high powered attorney one of the best, and he would give you the exact same advice I am.

Quoting Anonymous:

im not chainsmoking in the house. im on my laptop, we have wireless, and im running around like a chicken with my head cut off. with the front door open, yes, I can see the tv and hear it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Um, details?Why are you being threatened with losing them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
If what you say is true... You can do this. You can be strong and confident and unwavering in your devotion to your children. Put down the soda and put down the food. Get some sleep. You are not going to lose your children. Judges have a way to see through the bullshit. Have faith. You can do this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I would like to third this advice. Be calm, don't interrupt and don't stoop to anyone's level. Not even once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously follow this advice. Give her all the rope she needs to hang herself.

Quoting RainbowBrite111:

Op - Don't worry about them. Seriously time to get ready. Did you read what I told you about what to wear? About not interrupting your mother? Etc? And the ped? Seriously, I don't care if your mother calls you a crackhead whore who allows her pimp to watch her kids, you do not interrupt her. You wait your turn, you keep your cool, you will have a chance to answer her. Don't call your mother any names. Keep CALM. Answer the judges questions. Think before you speak, seriously. If it sounds bad, change your wording. You can tell the judge you have never been a prostitute, but do not turn around and call your mother names. Let her be the crazy one. Seriously. The judge will see it if you give your mother a chance to show it. My father is a very high powered attorney one of the best, and he would give you the exact same advice I am.

Quoting Anonymous:

im not chainsmoking in the house. im on my laptop, we have wireless, and im running around like a chicken with my head cut off. with the front door open, yes, I can see the tv and hear it.

mama-sita
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM

If you follow what Rainbow said, I'm absolutely certain you'll be fine.  She's a mama with a good head on her shoulders!  Please keep us updated!  You and your children will be in my thoughts tomorrow all day until I hear back from you!  Best of luck!  (hugs and healing!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Some women are just crazy. My very good friends mom would turn on her, and side with her obviously drug addicted ex, depending on her mood for the day. No rhyme or reason. I think she just liked the drama.

Quoting okeydokie:

MIL was on BM's side when we went through our custody battle. I will never understand that woman. We ended up with custody. I just don't understand how a mom could go against their own child. *in most normal circumstances. In cases of abuse or neglect, I totally get it.*

Quoting RainbowBrite111:

He must be a really good liar.

Quoting okeydokie:

What in the world did your ex say to your mom to get her on his side?

TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Hugs! You can do this. Try to remain as levelheaded as possible regardless of what is said. It may enrage or hurt you but just remember to keep breathing. Your babies need you to fight for them. Right now that means mustering ever ounce of strength you possess. Do not combat. Be respectful, honest, and clear in your responses. We're all rooting for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)