Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When you die...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
A friend of mine just recently found out she has Cancer. She's been so depressed because she has small children. She keeps saying she wants to be remembered as a fun, loving mother, god forbid, by them. This made me think about every mother's legacy. How do you want to be remembered by your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I want them to remember how much I loved them!
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 9, 2013 at 4:38 AM

how do i want them to remember me and how they will are two different stories.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM
But ideally...what would you say?

Quoting IamMex11:

Hilary799
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM

That I would have walked in front of a train or anything for them. Oh and I was a bitch to be reckoned with ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM
I don't want to create a false memory of me. I want them to remember me for me and the time we had together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I want them to know I would have done anything for them and that they were the center of my world. I hope they know that their smile always made mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Yes! I want them to know that Momma didn't play. Lol

Quoting Hilary799:

That I would have walked in front of a train or anything for them. Oh and I was a bitch to be reckoned with ;)

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 9, 2013 at 4:44 AM

one mother on here said it best....for the love i have for them.  i would love for them to share that i was very giving to others...and had a sense of obligation to serve others. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But ideally...what would you say?

Quoting IamMex11:

smurfbitebug
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:52 AM
For my stepson I will always be the one that always went to bat for him. I like that just the way it is.
But for my daughter I want to show her that even though people still think there are things a woman cannot or should not do... she can and should do any of those things she chooses. I plan to lead by example. I have a plan. However, it's proving to be a little complicated so far. It will get done though.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM

As the mother I am. The one that put her children first. The one that taught them to be respectful, responsible, accountable and most of all to live their live with integrity. The mom that danced around crazy and laughed right along with them. The mom that always welcomed their friends with open arms. The one that taught them good work ethic.The mom that made sure her children knew they were loved and was 100 % behind them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)