Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

let go and move on or keep trying...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

so... i just need some advice from moms who are completely unbiased.  I was seeing this guy...he's a little younger than me.  Anyways, we got along well, and he is great with my son.  He got mad at me at the end of January and acted like a child and broke things off.  I didn't fight it, because he was really mean, screamed and called me tons of names and then accused me of cheating (which i never ever did). 

Anyways, we started talking again at the end of February and have been 'seeing' each other since.  My family and friends don't like him because of the breakup in January. So they don't like that I talk to him and am seeing him again.  But i love him...i honestly try not to, but i do.  I was out of town over the weekend for a wedding where my date was my three year old.  Monday when i got back, he called to make sure i got home and that was sweet.  I know he works in construction, usually like 7am-7pm so he's busy.  I'm not upset that he is exhausted and doesn't see me much, i understand that.  But because of the wedding that was out of town, i haven't seen him in 2 weeks and he isn't making any effort to see me.  Yesterday he just completely ignored me...i texted, i called and nothing.  It's not the first time that's happened...he's done that a few times before, but only since we started talking again. Then the next day he'll call or text and all is fine.  But even though i love him and like being with him and my son adores him, i just don't know how much more i can put up with.  if i don't answer the phone or text back he gets upset, but yet it's like it's ok for him to completely ignore me.  I'm to the point where i won't call or text today ... it'll be hard, but i won't.  And if he doesn't then so be it. But then a part of me wants to 'try' to show that yeah, even though you're being a complete douche i do love you and want to talk and see you. In the past when i have tried to say something about how he ignores me he just gets upset and tells me i always feel like that and that things are fine, don't worry. 

confused

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM
It doesn't sound like he's mature enough to have a relationship.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Story wasting your time on an abusive prick. You deserve better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM

move the hell on!

Stop being his doormat

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Normally I would just say only you can make that decision, which is still true..

BUT, I think you should run. There's more than one red flag here.
rgba
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
You know the answer here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM

You ladies are right ... I think I just needed to hear it from people that are completely removed from the situation.  I already dealt with an emotionally abusive relationship with my son's dad and i left that because we both deserved better.  And we still do.  I really much rather be alone with my little boy than to be treated like crap.  Thank you. 

simple frown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)