Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abercrombie vs. Lane Bryant *Updated*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 592 Replies
57 moms liked this

You don't see us skinny people boycotting Lane Bryant for not making clothes that fit us!

Come one... this is rediculous. Some stores are made for certain people.... other people just shouldn't shop there. It's simple. 

You won't see my larger friends applying for a job at Hooters.
You won't see me applying for a job at Lane Bryant.
You won't see my larger friends shopping at Victoria Secret.
You won't see me shopping in other plus size stores.

Shop at stores geared for your body type and income level.
That's life.

If you don't like it lose weight.

Too many people are just searching for things to complain and bitch about. It's sad. Move on. Lifes too short to worry about these stupid things....

Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage - okay, good for them. If you do then don't go there.
Lane Bryant doesn't carry my size - okay, I don't shop there.
Abercrombie doesn't sell a size 24 - okay, go somewhere else.
Hooter's won't hire a fat person - okay, don't apply.

People need to calm down and move on.  

UPDATE--

Well, this one took off huh?

I never said the WAY he said what he said was right... BUT, it's his choice to say it however he wants to say it!

I don't feel he is a bully... he spoke his mind just like YOU all are doing. 
Doesn't it make YOU a bully to call him UGLY????
How is that any different???? 

Yes, Victoria Secret DOES make clothes in larger sizes BUT, most of the larger sizes need to be ordered online or bought at a larger VS store. I don't know about yours, but my VS store has mostly PINK clothes and VS lingerie... I wear a size 3/5 in jeans and a S/M top and the majority of the PINK line I am in a Medium or Large - so no, I don't think the PINK line can be classified for larger people. And before it gets said YES some of the PINK clothing are made differently and can be worn by larger women BUT, as I said - SOME of the items me myself am in a Large!

I'm not happy this turned into a racist back and forth fight toward the end. The original post has NOTHING to do with racism... discrimination against "fat" people okay you can say that - BUT no it has nothing to do with the Black / White issues... 

Also, yes - I have made and will continue to make spelling mistakes... it happens. 
At least you don't see me using cuss words left and right...
A spelling mistake once is a while happens.
Calling me a f*cking idiot.... yea, nice... real mature
Are you going to be okay with your children calling people f*cking idiots when they are older?
Lead by example.
I"d rather my son make a spelling mistake then to be cussing online for all to see.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I could care less who shops where....the CEO was an idiot but that's his perogative.  I get evil eyes when i walk in to purchase items for my nephew. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
44 moms liked this

Do you feel special because you made this comparison?

What that guy said was a marketing strategy. Nothing more nothing less and everyone (myself included) is proving that strategy successful. Here we are discussing his clothes.

I also have never heard of a CEO of lane bryant saying that only fat people are the cool people.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm not sure about your delivery lol, but I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
58 moms liked this
Spelling ridiculous with an E is ridiculous.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
7 moms liked this

i'd rather have huge tits than be cool.

but a store can sell whatever they want for whatever reason. it's called the first amendment.

moogsmom03
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I agree. People are entirely too sensitive.

GOBryan
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
17 moms liked this

There's double standards on various things, like you can have a Black college funds, groups or something similar and it's ok but you can't have a white college. That's just racist. You can't have anything that may be considered discrimination over a mainstream group known to have been discriminated against but not vice versa. 

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I agree 100%
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
7 moms liked this
There are no "black colleges" only HBCUs but they don't exclude any race.
There's not a black only school

Quoting GOBryan:There's double standards on various things, like you can have a Black college or something similar and it's ok but you can't have a white college. That's just racist. You can't have anything that may be considered discrimination over a mainstream group known to have been discriminated against but not vice versa. 
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Of course Lane Bryant won't say that fat people are the "cool" kids... cause they aren't. 

The Ambecrombie CEO said what all of us know, but won't say. Who were the "cool" kids when you were in school? The jocks, cheerleaders, etc... very few fat people will fit into that category. 

I don't see a problem with them catering to the "cool" kids. It's a specialty store - just like Lane Bryant. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

Do you feel special because you made this comparison?

What that guy said was a marketing strategy. Nothing more nothing less and everyone (myself included) is proving that strategy successful. Here we are discussing his clothes.

I also have never heard of a CEO of lane bryant saying that only fat people are the cool people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)