Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abercrombie vs. Lane Bryant *Updated*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You don't see us skinny people boycotting Lane Bryant for not making clothes that fit us!

Come one... this is rediculous. Some stores are made for certain people.... other people just shouldn't shop there. It's simple. 

You won't see my larger friends applying for a job at Hooters.
You won't see me applying for a job at Lane Bryant.
You won't see my larger friends shopping at Victoria Secret.
You won't see me shopping in other plus size stores.

Shop at stores geared for your body type and income level.
That's life.

If you don't like it lose weight.

Too many people are just searching for things to complain and bitch about. It's sad. Move on. Lifes too short to worry about these stupid things....

Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage - okay, good for them. If you do then don't go there.
Lane Bryant doesn't carry my size - okay, I don't shop there.
Abercrombie doesn't sell a size 24 - okay, go somewhere else.
Hooter's won't hire a fat person - okay, don't apply.

People need to calm down and move on.  

UPDATE--

Well, this one took off huh?

I never said the WAY he said what he said was right... BUT, it's his choice to say it however he wants to say it!

I don't feel he is a bully... he spoke his mind just like YOU all are doing. 
Doesn't it make YOU a bully to call him UGLY????
How is that any different???? 

Yes, Victoria Secret DOES make clothes in larger sizes BUT, most of the larger sizes need to be ordered online or bought at a larger VS store. I don't know about yours, but my VS store has mostly PINK clothes and VS lingerie... I wear a size 3/5 in jeans and a S/M top and the majority of the PINK line I am in a Medium or Large - so no, I don't think the PINK line can be classified for larger people. And before it gets said YES some of the PINK clothing are made differently and can be worn by larger women BUT, as I said - SOME of the items me myself am in a Large!

I'm not happy this turned into a racist back and forth fight toward the end. The original post has NOTHING to do with racism... discrimination against "fat" people okay you can say that - BUT no it has nothing to do with the Black / White issues... 

Also, yes - I have made and will continue to make spelling mistakes... it happens. 
At least you don't see me using cuss words left and right...
A spelling mistake once is a while happens.
Calling me a f*cking idiot.... yea, nice... real mature
Are you going to be okay with your children calling people f*cking idiots when they are older?
Lead by example.
I"d rather my son make a spelling mistake then to be cussing online for all to see.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Abercrombie stinks, even when I was thin I didn't shop there...
jenval
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I know I'm probably going to get bashed but I have to agree with you. Cut your losses and move on or YOU change

hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

It's ok for larger people to have their own store bc ya know, they're submitted to fat shaming and life is so much harder if you're fat (according to all my overweight friends, anyway) but having stores that don't carry their size is like a personal dig at them. 

Idk why people can't just love themselves and quit worrying about everyone else.

TCup18
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I HATE going into Aeropostle. My sister loves that store so I go there to buy her things and its always a mess and overcrowded. I can forget about even bringing the stroller in there.
I avoid that store for a whole different reason than they don't care my size. It's not made to carry my size. When I was in HS sure they did and that's what it's geared towards HS students.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never really liked that look so it doesn't bug me. Its very generic.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM
3 moms liked this

LOLOL I just laughed so hard!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha 

I seriously feel really sorry for anyone who REALLY thinks this way. wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course Lane Bryant won't say that fat people are the "cool" kids... cause they aren't. 

The Ambecrombie CEO said what all of us know, but won't say. Who were the "cool" kids when you were in school? The jocks, cheerleaders, etc... very few fat people will fit into that category. 

I don't see a problem with them catering to the "cool" kids. It's a specialty store - just like Lane Bryant. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

Do you feel special because you made this comparison?

What that guy said was a marketing strategy. Nothing more nothing less and everyone (myself included) is proving that strategy successful. Here we are discussing his clothes.

I also have never heard of a CEO of lane bryant saying that only fat people are the cool people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't see Lane Bryant saying they don't want skinny people in their stores. Someone has to make clothes for larger ladies with assholes out there who would prefer they died. 

Kitschy
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I understand the business model and it's a smart one. That being said the verbiage was in poor taste and I'd expect more from a CEO of a large company.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM
8 moms liked this

I agree. My cousin had this on FB and was upset about it (she is skinny). I told her I actually kind of respect the guy for having the balls to say it. Let's be honest EVERY brand wants the "cool" kids wearing or using it, because after all the "cool" "beautiful" people are the ones that most kids want to be and emulate. 

I'm overweight. I know the world despises me for it, but I have man who loves me with all of his heart, I have four beautiful kids and pretty great life, with the exception that I am after all overweight. 

It's just a no win situation these days. If you're skinny, you are a "bitch who needs to eat a cheeseburger" (I personally don't feel this way), if you are overweight "you're a fatty who has NO RIGHT EVER to walk into a fast food restaurant, A&F or V.S.

cjsmom1
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM
15 moms liked this
I don't think the problem is that they only sell clothes for skinny people. His comments are rude and offensive. Not all skinny people are attractive or good people. That statement is what bothered me, he implied bigger people are ugly and bad people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)