Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abercrombie vs. Lane Bryant *Updated*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You don't see us skinny people boycotting Lane Bryant for not making clothes that fit us!

Come one... this is rediculous. Some stores are made for certain people.... other people just shouldn't shop there. It's simple. 

You won't see my larger friends applying for a job at Hooters.
You won't see me applying for a job at Lane Bryant.
You won't see my larger friends shopping at Victoria Secret.
You won't see me shopping in other plus size stores.

Shop at stores geared for your body type and income level.
That's life.

If you don't like it lose weight.

Too many people are just searching for things to complain and bitch about. It's sad. Move on. Lifes too short to worry about these stupid things....

Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage - okay, good for them. If you do then don't go there.
Lane Bryant doesn't carry my size - okay, I don't shop there.
Abercrombie doesn't sell a size 24 - okay, go somewhere else.
Hooter's won't hire a fat person - okay, don't apply.

People need to calm down and move on.  

UPDATE--

Well, this one took off huh?

I never said the WAY he said what he said was right... BUT, it's his choice to say it however he wants to say it!

I don't feel he is a bully... he spoke his mind just like YOU all are doing. 
Doesn't it make YOU a bully to call him UGLY????
How is that any different???? 

Yes, Victoria Secret DOES make clothes in larger sizes BUT, most of the larger sizes need to be ordered online or bought at a larger VS store. I don't know about yours, but my VS store has mostly PINK clothes and VS lingerie... I wear a size 3/5 in jeans and a S/M top and the majority of the PINK line I am in a Medium or Large - so no, I don't think the PINK line can be classified for larger people. And before it gets said YES some of the PINK clothing are made differently and can be worn by larger women BUT, as I said - SOME of the items me myself am in a Large!

I'm not happy this turned into a racist back and forth fight toward the end. The original post has NOTHING to do with racism... discrimination against "fat" people okay you can say that - BUT no it has nothing to do with the Black / White issues... 

Also, yes - I have made and will continue to make spelling mistakes... it happens. 
At least you don't see me using cuss words left and right...
A spelling mistake once is a while happens.
Calling me a f*cking idiot.... yea, nice... real mature
Are you going to be okay with your children calling people f*cking idiots when they are older?
Lead by example.
I"d rather my son make a spelling mistake then to be cussing online for all to see.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you understand what boycotting means? It is essentially not shopping somewhere. So if you dont shop at LB you are effectively boycotting them.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I didn't know there was some boycotting thing going on with Abercrombie..

I buy a lot of my son's clothes there.  However, I feel like even the "adult" store is more geared towards teens, so I don't shop there.  *shrugs*

I do remember, as a teen.. I worked at American Eagle.. We were placed in the store by how attractive we were.  And no one was hired that was overweight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Preferred they DIED... really... did anyone apply anybody wanted fat people to die? I don't think so. 

And no, Lane Bryant doesn't have to say skinny people shouldn't shop there - we know not too... obviously fat people were complaining about not being able to shop at Abercrombie which probably is why the statement came out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see Lane Bryant saying they don't want skinny people in their stores. Someone has to make clothes for larger ladies with assholes out there who would prefer they died. 

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Not  always I knew Cool drama people cool, heavy set people.   

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
15 moms liked this

Seriously? Do you seriously not see the difference between  the AF CEOs public sales stratedgy and any other company that markets to a specific demographic? Let's forget the fact that stores like lane bryant have to exist b/c main stream stores don't have anything decent for plus sized women (if they have anything at all), and let's focus on the bullying antics of this one particular company. B/c THAT is the problem...the difference here. Lane bryant (aka fat stores) do not use bullying antics to sell their products. They do not claim that their clientele is superior. Their sales tactics are based on making their clientele feel better about themselves....and not at the expense of others. Your comparison is not comparable.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem with it whatsoever.

And just FYI, my local hooters does hire chubby, flat-chested girls. :)
Bethsunshine
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

While I agree that what the guy said was idiotic, it is his right to say it. As a business owner, he has the right to market his products in any manner he chooses. The people that already shop there, will continue to shop there. The people that don't shop there, will not start shopping there. Boycotting businesses because they support something you do not believe in is ridiculous to me because if you look hard enough, you will find that EVERYONE disagrees with you about SOMETHING. If you boycott every business that doesn't line up with your beliefs, you'll be walking around naked, starving, dehydrated and homeless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I'm not boycotting Lane Bryant... I can't fit into the clothes there even if I wanted to That's not boycotting.
And to truly boycot you do it to punish or try and hurt the store or brand. I don't care about Lane Bryant. I'm not trying to "punish" them for not making clothes that fit me. I shop at places geared toward my body size and bank account.

boycotting  present participle of boy¬∑cott(Verb)

Verb
  1. Withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
  2. Refuse to buy or handle (goods) as a punishment or protest.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Do you understand what boycotting means? It is essentially not shopping somewhere. So if you dont shop at LB you are effectively boycotting them.

GOBryan
      by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

There's things like the Negro College fund (same concept) but there can't be a white college fund. I said there a similar things where certain groups segregate themselves. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

There are no "black colleges"

Quoting GOBryan:

There's double standards on various things, like you can have a Black college or something similar and it's ok but you can't have a white college. That's just racist. You can't have anything that may be considered discrimination over a mainstream group known to have been discriminated against but not vice versa. 

cjsmom1
      by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
      I agree with your last statement. I think no matter your size people judge you for one thing or another.

Quoting hip2it:

It's ok for larger people to have their own store bc ya know, they're submitted to fat shaming and life is so much harder if you're fat (according to all my overweight friends, anyway) but having stores that don't carry their size is like a personal dig at them. 

Idk why people can't just love themselves and quit worrying about everyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
      You must be a member to reply to this post.
      Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
      Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
      other members!
      Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN