Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abercrombie vs. Lane Bryant *Updated*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You don't see us skinny people boycotting Lane Bryant for not making clothes that fit us!

Come one... this is rediculous. Some stores are made for certain people.... other people just shouldn't shop there. It's simple. 

You won't see my larger friends applying for a job at Hooters.
You won't see me applying for a job at Lane Bryant.
You won't see my larger friends shopping at Victoria Secret.
You won't see me shopping in other plus size stores.

Shop at stores geared for your body type and income level.
That's life.

If you don't like it lose weight.

Too many people are just searching for things to complain and bitch about. It's sad. Move on. Lifes too short to worry about these stupid things....

Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage - okay, good for them. If you do then don't go there.
Lane Bryant doesn't carry my size - okay, I don't shop there.
Abercrombie doesn't sell a size 24 - okay, go somewhere else.
Hooter's won't hire a fat person - okay, don't apply.

People need to calm down and move on.  

UPDATE--

Well, this one took off huh?

I never said the WAY he said what he said was right... BUT, it's his choice to say it however he wants to say it!

I don't feel he is a bully... he spoke his mind just like YOU all are doing. 
Doesn't it make YOU a bully to call him UGLY????
How is that any different???? 

Yes, Victoria Secret DOES make clothes in larger sizes BUT, most of the larger sizes need to be ordered online or bought at a larger VS store. I don't know about yours, but my VS store has mostly PINK clothes and VS lingerie... I wear a size 3/5 in jeans and a S/M top and the majority of the PINK line I am in a Medium or Large - so no, I don't think the PINK line can be classified for larger people. And before it gets said YES some of the PINK clothing are made differently and can be worn by larger women BUT, as I said - SOME of the items me myself am in a Large!

I'm not happy this turned into a racist back and forth fight toward the end. The original post has NOTHING to do with racism... discrimination against "fat" people okay you can say that - BUT no it has nothing to do with the Black / White issues... 

Also, yes - I have made and will continue to make spelling mistakes... it happens. 
At least you don't see me using cuss words left and right...
A spelling mistake once is a while happens.
Calling me a f*cking idiot.... yea, nice... real mature
Are you going to be okay with your children calling people f*cking idiots when they are older?
Lead by example.
I"d rather my son make a spelling mistake then to be cussing online for all to see.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (591-592):
notomatoes
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM

i am the one who said the agercrombie guy is a jerk, you see, i am within the size range that abercrombie caters to, however, the one time that i did go into abercrombie to look around, the salesstaff that they had, took turns staring , pointing and whispering behind their hands, gawking at my deformed left arm..its a deformity, not an excuse to be horribly RUDE..i never went back into the store, any abercrombie store, for this very reason. as for lane bryant  and victorias secret, the salespeople in both retail store have been nothing but professional and very helpful,no gawking, staring salesperson whispering behind their hand, while pointing at me, unlike abercrombie.

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on May. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Well that's incredibly dickhead-ish that he used such demeaning words. I did end up finding the direct quote and you're right- stung like venom. Abercrombie is 100% geared towards certain people, just as Hot Topic is geared towards certain people, or PacSun or even the hippie stores I like to shop in out here (mom n pop stores). BUT that does NOT make you uncool for wearing OTHER clothes. In fact none of the people I find "cool" wear A&F, they wear what they want, where they want, from whatever stores they want. I would've been offended in highschool if he'd said this back then because I kid you not- there was a group of girls and guys a year older than me, who wore specifically AF and they were the "in" crowd, they looked down upon kids who didnt dress preppy, and they literally were considered cool by everyone around, including myself. But that was before I grew into ME and realized I could wear what I want and still be my own kind of cool. I didnt WANT to be that kind of "cool." But I even went through a phase of making my parents buy me only AF clothes because i thought I wasn't cool if I didnt wear it. So even back then; without the CEO saying those exact words, I felt that way about that brand of clothes.

So you're right/ it sends the wrong message to teens. It sure as hell did to me.

Quoting mstricey:

Oh I agree that everything is geared towards a certain crowd but his words were like venom. As if we don't have enough going on with bullying and suicide. He actually said those words. I would link the article but I'm on my cell but you should be able to find it pretty easily. The message he is sending is if you are too poor or too large to wear his clothes you are unattractive and uncool. Since teens are his major consumers that is not a good message to send, especially to make a public announcement saying it.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Wait a CEO actually said those exact words publicly?? What a jackass! I mean I totally agree with OP that there's certain stores designed for certain people and that's life... But for someone to some bluntly say "AF is for cool people only!" Is a bit extreme. From experience most of the ppl I know who wear AF strictly are straight assholes!

Quoting mstricey:

Actually no one was complaining about their sizes. This whole shitstorm is aboutthe CEO releasing a statement saying that Abercrombie is only for cool kids and beautiful people and he doesn't want fat people wearing his clothes. That is why people are bitching.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

I like you. And I like your post. It's all 100% true! Is there a link or story somewhere about this person complaining about abercrombies too small sizes? I haven't read/heard it yet and I want to! I didn't know A&F exists anymore because all the ones in our state closed...

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't see us skinny people boycotting Lane Bryant for not making clothes that fit us!

Come one... this is rediculous. Some stores are made for certain people.... other people just shouldn't shop there. It's simple. 

You won't see my larger friends applying for a job at Hooters.
You won't see me applying for a job at Lane Bryant.
You won't see my larger friends shopping at Victoria Secret.
You won't see me shopping in other plus size stores.

Shop at stores geared for your body type and income level.
That's life.

If you don't like it lose weight.

Too many people are just searching for things to complain and bitch about. It's sad. Move on. Lifes too short to worry about these stupid things....

Chick-Fil-A doesn't support gay marriage - okay, good for them. If you do then don't go there.
Lane Bryant doesn't carry my size - okay, I don't shop there.
Abercrombie doesn't sell a size 24 - okay, go somewhere else.
Hooter's won't hire a fat person - okay, don't apply.

People need to calm down and move on.  

UPDATE--

Well, this one took off huh?

I never said the WAY he said what he said was right... BUT, it's his choice to say it however he wants to say it!

I don't feel he is a bully... he spoke his mind just like YOU all are doing. 
Doesn't it make YOU a bully to call him UGLY????
How is that any different???? 

Yes, Victoria Secret DOES make clothes in larger sizes BUT, most of the larger sizes need to be ordered online or bought at a larger VS store. I don't know about yours, but my VS store has mostly PINK clothes and VS lingerie... I wear a size 3/5 in jeans and a S/M top and the majority of the PINK line I am in a Medium or Large - so no, I don't think the PINK line can be classified for larger people. And before it gets said YES some of the PINK clothing are made differently and can be worn by larger women BUT, as I said - SOME of the items me myself am in a Large!

I'm not happy this turned into a racist back and forth fight toward the end. The original post has NOTHING to do with racism... discrimination against "fat" people okay you can say that - BUT no it has nothing to do with the Black / White issues... 

Also, yes - I have made and will continue to make spelling mistakes... it happens. 
At least you don't see me using cuss words left and right...
A spelling mistake once is a while happens.
Calling me a f*cking idiot.... yea, nice... real mature
Are you going to be okay with your children calling people f*cking idiots when they are older?
Lead by example.
I"d rather my son make a spelling mistake then to be cussing online for all to see.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured