Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh is making me give up all the pets EDITED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

We have 2 cats and a dog. They all get on his nerves and he hates them. So I have to get rid of them. I'm just sad and trying to decide what to tell our kids. I admit, we have the most annoying dog ever. She gets into the trash, chews up the kid's toys, and is just destructive. But she's sweet. He hates the cats because when they play, the scratch the leather sofa and he doesn't want it ruined because it's new. So they all have to go. I understand why he's saying this. I'm just sad about the cats. They're my favorites.

EDIT: Okay, first of all, I'm appauled that so many of you would get rid of your husband before a pet. My goodness. That's not the case with me though. I love these animals very much, but Dh and my kids trump them. Also, many of you said things about training. Let me give you a little history so you understand the challenge we have. We have had the dog since November. We took her in because a guy was going to take her to the shelter and we weren't having that. He found her as a stray. The vet estimated she was around 18 months at the time and beagle / pit mix. I have successfully trained her to do the basics like come and sit. I have also housebroken her and kennel trained her. She gets daily exercise. Her exercise includes things like 45 min - 1 hour walks, playing in the yard, and I've also taken her to my uncle's house where he has a lot of land for her to run around on. I also play fetch with her outside frequently. So there's no lack of training or exercise. She also has tons of bones and toys at her disposal. But she continues to chew things other than her toys, gets in the trash and scatters it throughout the house, gets into the cat boxes, and basically is a hurricane of destruction. She has been scolded and punished for all this nonsense. She trained very quickly with everything else, but not these things. I am not opposed to training. I grew up with dogs and loved them til their dying days, but never encountered a dog like her. I would love to continue to try to train her and make this work, but we cannot keep spending money to replace the things that are getting ruined. Hope that clarifies.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Awww sorry mama! Maybe see if a friend or family member will take them??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Nope. Already thought of that. No one wants them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww sorry mama! Maybe see if a friend or family member will take them??

art.diva
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm sorry!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Can't make them into outdoor pets??

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. Already thought of that. No one wants them.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Please don't get any more!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

i just hope you find good, loving homes for them and don't dump them off at the spca, which will most likely be a death sentence.

dh wanted a dog when we moved into our new house. i was totally against it because i knew it just wasnt a good idea. i would be the one taking care of and training it, cleaning up after it and trying to prevent it from destroying our brand new home. but i gave in because he wanted it and promised to help with the responsibilites. well he hates the dog, has no interaction with her, doesn't pet her, doesn't play with her, doesn't have any interaction with her aside from taking her out for the potty a few times a week. He wants me to get rid of her because she is an "annoying little shit" -his words. uh no, sorry dude, thats not how it works. pets are a lifetime commitment, you made the decsion to get them so you can deal with them.

I just hope that when you do get rid of these pets, you don't get anymore because it will only end up the same way this has.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Lmao! My husband knows I would NEVER!! Get rid of my dogs! They were here b4 he came along and they're gonna stay here long after he's gone! Maybe you should get your dogs trained?? Might help with NOT having to get rid of them
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

if your husband hates pets why did you get them in the first place

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Geezus people suck. Pets aren't throw away toys. They are living beings with feelings.

Don't get any more. This post makes me want to vomit. Epic human fail.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd get rid of the husband not the animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)