Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Is Not A Mother! UPDATE

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 616 Replies
9 moms liked this

So its mother's day right around the corner and I have 3 beautiful girls. My youngest 2 children dont understand yet (being they are only 20 months and 7 weeks) but my oldest does and she will be 8 in 3 weeks. My oldest lives with her father in CT and I am in TX (this was due to the Army) so I wont get to be with her on mother's day this year. Last year I was with her and it was a very fun day with a nice breakfast, mini golf, batting cages, and Chuck E Cheese. Last year she gave me a very nice little booklet she made in school explaining how special a mommy is and what things mommies do. I have it on my fridge along with her pictures. This year I am upset about her father's gf. This gf has been trying to take my place and causing problems trying to push me out of my daughter's life. My daughter told that my ex husband bought a gift for the gf for mother's day and wont be sending me anything. The gf has no children! She should not be getting a mother's day gift at all! I am her only mother and that gift should be sent to me.

UPDATE

I received a card in the mail the other day and my daughter signed her name and included a very nice 5x7 school picture. I did get a very short (less then 5 mins) phone call from her on Mother's day but heard the gf in the background to hurry up.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM
73 moms liked this

He can do whatever he wants. He doesn't have to buy you a gift and he can buy her one and say its for puppy dog day and it would still be none of your concern. Also she raising her more than you are sooooo. Also wtf are you mad at her for HIM buying her a gift.

Val99
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

So what things were in the booklet and is the GF doing those things while the child is living with her?

Why do you care what he buys his girlfriend?

Quote:

Last year she gave me a very nice little booklet she made in school explaining how special a mommy is and what things mommies do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
45 moms liked this

People are so rude on here. Jeez

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do people care so much about who is getting gifts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
36 moms liked this

Well she IS the one raising your child!  And your ex can buy his gf whatever he pleases!  I remember you from another post too,  you're the mom that can't even be bothered to pay her support, yet you were able to pop out more kids no problem! 

JustBreath2013
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
12 moms liked this
She is still a step mother... grow up and get over it
lipsis
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to keep custody of your kids while you're in the Army. Are you still in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
16 moms liked this
Seriously, if she is raising her and filling that role then she does deserve appreciation for it. Maybe instead of freaking out you can learn more about the girl. How long have they been together? I am my SD's SM, I am getting a gift - BM is getting squat. Mainly because at 13 my SD KNOWS who is raising her and a mother to her sure as hell isn't her BM in our case!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Ummm...its Chuck E. Cheese..sorry, was bothering me
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM
15 moms liked this
She is raising your child.

To me you have no right to be upset
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured