Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

fat and skinny...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
I think both are gorgeous...

But one thing that irks me a little is when skinny girls say, "omg I am getting soo fat, look at my little belly I am getting" or "I gained 5 pounds", and they only weigh 110. I feel like shaking them at times, and yelling you are fine, there is no fat on your body.

From a jealous big girl.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Val99
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
7 moms liked this

That is why they stay thin...they are vigilent about their weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think both are gorgeous...

But one thing that irks me a little is when skinny girls say, "omg I am getting soo fat, look at my little belly I am getting" or "I gained 5 pounds", and they only weigh 110. I feel like shaking them at times, and yelling you are fine, there is no fat on your body.

From a jealous big girl.

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree it is super annoying and i'm skinny. That being said I think it is annoying when people complain about their weight in general. If they don't like their weight they should do something about it. 

ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I feel the same, sort of.  I am not jealous.  Im working my ass off to lose the weight.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I agree.

Quoting lovelife350:

I agree it is super annoying and i'm skinny. That being said I think it is annoying when people complain about their weight in general. If they don't like their weight they should do something about it. 

lovemykids2704
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I was one of those girls lol . Girls only don it for attention and I knew girls who did it to make girls who were bigger feel bad. I know I am scared for the day my daughter says that. Love my beautiful 3 year old peanut!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I shake my sister all the time for that. When she was 100lbs she though she was fat and starved herself. She got down to like 85lbs at 15yo. She now has an eating disorder but it around 105lbs now. She drive us absolutely crazy.
CamoChick
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

this is exactly how I feel

Quoting lovelife350:

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had to retrain my brain. I was very sick for a while with hyperthyroidism and got down to 115 which was way too thin for me at 5'7" with my build. I am now 140 and have to remind myself that I'm a healthy weight and not fat. I got use to see myself as a size 4 for so long, a size 8 now seems big. 

Before my illness, I was 150 and fine with that weight. 

babyspots17
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

The only thing I hate about the skinny vs. fat issue is those people that see a number and are degrading before seeing the person.  People come in all shapes and sizes and 110 may be a great number for one body type but may be fat or underweight for another person even if their height is the same.  

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I just found out I had hypothyroidism today. 

Quoting smalltowngal:

I have had to retrain my brain. I was very sick for a while with hyperthyroidism and got down to 115 which was way too thin for me at 5'7" with my build. I am now 140 and have to remind myself that I'm a healthy weight and not fat. I got use to see myself as a size 4 for so long, a size 8 now seems big. 

Before my illness, I was 150 and fine with that weight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)