Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you allow locked doors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

So do you allow your kids to lock the door? If so what age did you let them? 

My son is only 2 so of course he isn't supposed to lock his door the one time it happened turned into a big struggle to get him out. But when I was a teen my younger brother and step mom didnt understand what privacy meant and would just bust through my door when it was closed. So I would lock my door. That pissed her off pretty good she went to try and complain to my dad but he agreed with me and told her she shouldn't have tried to just walk in. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My house is old.  The locks are all skeleton key locks.. we have no skeleton keys.. so.. NOPE. lol

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My boys (16 & 17) are allowed to lock their doors, as long as they are alone. My DD (14) doesn't have a door, she lost that privilege. She has a blanket hung instead.

ETA - I have keys to all locks, they lock the doors mostly to keep their sister out, she is a thief.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Bump

MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Nope no need to be locking doors. We don't just walk in on the kids we knock so they have no need to be locking their doors. Not to mentions the doors we have can be unlocked with a coin so rather pointless anyway.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

My son is only 17 months old. He doesn't even get to close his door when he's in his room. We were always allowed to lock our doors. 

garnet83
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have a double standard. Dh and I can lock doors whenever we want. Children cannot.

jojo_star
by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Lol that's completely different you are the adult 

Quoting garnet83:

I have a double standard. Dh and I can lock doors whenever we want. Children cannot.

BluePandaDreams
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Yes, although we knock before opening the door, but our child is allowed her privacy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)