Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave the waitress a 37 cent tip last night

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

Last night was the first time me and DH had been out alone together in months. We were so excited to just spend time together alone. Being a Wednesday night, the restaurant was a bit slow so I made a point to mention to the waitress when she was talking to us that we had just had our 3ird child about 3 months ago and this is the first time we had been out alone since. I made the point to mention because already she was a bit chatty and seemed to be lingering a lot.

I was hoping she would get the hint but clearly she didn't. We didn't engage her in conversation when she would come by the table, every 5-10 minutes at least but still she would talk and talk. She asked DH how his food was and when he said it was good she told us about the time she was here on a date who had ordered DH's meal and then told us how disastrous the date was.

She was defiantly bored and it seemed like she was the only younger server on that night so I can see why but dude, we are on a date, leave us alone.

When I went to the bathroom, I pulled aside another server and explained what a pain our server was being but that didn't seem to change much.

So and the end of the meal, we got the check, it was $68.63 so I told DH to add only a .37 tip.

There have only been a handful of times that I have not left a generous tip but this is deffinatly one of them.

Added.

We DID tell her several times that we were fine and would let her know if we need anything

We did make it plane we wanted to be left alone, we did everything but yell at her to get away which we didn't want to do because we didn't want to piss her off while she was handling our food.

She was using us as her personal entertainment. She went on and on about herself all night long, it was obnoxious.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Bitch
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Why, because I didn't want to spend the precious alone time I had with DH entertaining our waitress?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Bitch

D.O.E.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

yep.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Bitch

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
4 moms liked this

that's fucked up. while she may have been a pain she was just being friendly. hope you don't go back unless you want an assburger and boogershake.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on May. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
5 moms liked this
If you wanted privacy, you should have gotten take out and eaten in your car.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
4 moms liked this

You should have said point blank " we aren't up to chatting much tonight" or something to that effect before leaving her .37  Perhaps most people she deals with do like to talk and she equates that with good service.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Bitch is right. You should have politely said "I don't mean to be rude but we would prefer it if you didn't engage us in chit chat". Some people love chatty waitresses. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Bitch

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
3 moms liked this
You could have flat out told her that y'all wanted alone time, and that you would flag her down if you needed anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Did you ask HER to leave you alone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Pathetic. Cheapskates are the scum of the earth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN