Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave the waitress a 37 cent tip last night

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last night was the first time me and DH had been out alone together in months. We were so excited to just spend time together alone. Being a Wednesday night, the restaurant was a bit slow so I made a point to mention to the waitress when she was talking to us that we had just had our 3ird child about 3 months ago and this is the first time we had been out alone since. I made the point to mention because already she was a bit chatty and seemed to be lingering a lot.

I was hoping she would get the hint but clearly she didn't. We didn't engage her in conversation when she would come by the table, every 5-10 minutes at least but still she would talk and talk. She asked DH how his food was and when he said it was good she told us about the time she was here on a date who had ordered DH's meal and then told us how disastrous the date was.

She was defiantly bored and it seemed like she was the only younger server on that night so I can see why but dude, we are on a date, leave us alone.

When I went to the bathroom, I pulled aside another server and explained what a pain our server was being but that didn't seem to change much.

So and the end of the meal, we got the check, it was $68.63 so I told DH to add only a .37 tip.

There have only been a handful of times that I have not left a generous tip but this is deffinatly one of them.

Added.

We DID tell her several times that we were fine and would let her know if we need anything

We did make it plane we wanted to be left alone, we did everything but yell at her to get away which we didn't want to do because we didn't want to piss her off while she was handling our food.

She was using us as her personal entertainment. She went on and on about herself all night long, it was obnoxious.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Douchebag behavior. "Waaaah! I had a bay-beeeeee!" Who cares. Sack up. You availed yourself of a service for which you refused to pay. Shame on you and your flaccid dick of a husband.
mommyof2andTTC
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Had a waiter like that once... guy kept staring at me,, my chest,, and ignoring my husband... so my husband asked him for some privacy... then proceeded to glare at him till he left... (thank god that was AFTER we got food and drinks...) the manager came by later and asked how things were and hubby explained we were on a date and what had happened and that we just wanted some privacy... the manager was the one to help us the rest of the night but we still left the other waiter a tip of $7... I mean I have friends who are waitresses and feel bad for them... even if they are creepy and stare lol... I could never leave 37 cents only though...

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM

how about saying "  hey this is our first time alone in so and so time and would really love a chance to have some quiet time ot OURSELVES" 

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

going to another server would not have accomplished anything.   go to a manager if its that bad or the actual server.  

emilys802
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM

i would not have a left a tip. u wanted a nice dinner not to talk to a stranger all night. if they call you a "bitch" then i  am one too. i cant stand being interrupted every 5-10mins when i go out. take my order, deliver food,  check back with me, then leave me alone in peace.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not friendly, that's annoying. She spent 10 minutes telling us about a disasterous date she had been on. The whole time we were there, maybe an hour and a half, she was at our table talking at us (I say at because we were both giving her short yes and no responses and we were not engaging in coverstation) more then half of the time. We will not go back. It is a newer place in town, we wanted to try it but to be honest, it wasn't great.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

that's fucked up. while she may have been a pain she was just being friendly. hope you don't go back unless you want an assburger and boogershake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

The waitress's job was to bring us our orders not to join out date. We have had 3 children in 6 years, cleary my DH's dick is not flaccid

Quoting Anonymous:

Douchebag behavior. "Waaaah! I had a bay-beeeeee!" Who cares. Sack up. You availed yourself of a service for which you refused to pay. Shame on you and your flaccid dick of a husband.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Ehh... I personally don't see a problem with it. Her job is to bring you food, not engage in personal story telling. I would have left a note that explained too, "You're nice and all, but we were on a date and wanted to spend time with each other, not our waitress."

kels1023
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Classless
skittlefart
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Sucks. 

photo a082e1db-a995-4db8-80a1-a6db5f1cf88c_zps2b4588d6.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Wow, I would hsve just said something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)