Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats your most favorite best job you ever had?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Best Job and my most favorite job I have had so far in my life is as a Ramp Agent aka a Baggage Handler for the Airlines. My very very first Ramp Agent job with a Airline and now I'm with a Contractor who works for a Airline as a Ramp Agent. So what has been your favorite Job that you have done?

Also what do you like the most about your job and what do you like least about your job

My Likes are.................. Working with and around the Airplanes, Working with mostly guys, Working outside and it being physical work, Also getting to drive around the cool tugs on the Ramp. The best part is this is Where my job location is that I have to go punch in everyday is the same Ramp room where I met my Darling Fiance.

My Dislikes are.................... Alot of the people I work with or I should say, some of the people I do work with are Low Lives and not very educated which seems like and not very friendly or professional other than that I like my job for now. :)

simple smile

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Mark up Clerk:Post Office

I got to sit type and listen to music literally all day long and got a fat paycheck and benes.

Mistycat95
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Woo hoo girl, Sounds like you had a great job there. Thumbs up! In fact that's one of the other coolest parts of my job are getting alot of sit down time when waiting for another flight to arrive and watching TV on down time :)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

I got to sit type and listen to music literally all day long and got a fat paycheck and benes.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

my favorite best job i had was being a CFO of a hedge fund.  i traveled all over to meet with investors, but it was also my worst job.  the hours were long, and the work was obviously demanding.  even on vacation i wasnt on vacation.  i made a shit load of money, which we banked for 3 years, because we lived off DHs salary.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yes, I wish I still worked there, but they got rid of that craft anyway and made everyone have to go to different departments. I ended up resigning to move out of state at that time.

Quoting Mistycat95:

Woo hoo girl, Sounds like you had a great job there. Thumbs up! In fact that's one of the other coolest parts of my job are getting alot of sit down time when waiting for another flight to arrive and watching TV on down time :)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Mistycat95
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Very nice response, thanks for sharing :)  I'm sure there were perks to traveling like getting to see different areas but if it was mostly working I hear ya that kinda takes the fun out of things too.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

my favorite best job i had was being a CFO of a hedge fund.  i traveled all over to meet with investors, but it was also my worst job.  the hours were long, and the work was obviously demanding.  even on vacation i wasnt on vacation.  i made a shit load of money, which we banked for 3 years, because we lived off DHs salary.

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

When all I did was sit on much ass all day and do muffinmuffin

Mistycat95
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Well I hope where your at now makes you happy as well and your at peace where your at. Where did you move to state wise from where you are at. Fiance and I are talking about moving to Texas and getting out of WI maybe in a year or two.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Yes, I wish I still worked there, but they got rid of that craft anyway and made everyone have to go to different departments. I ended up resigning to move out of state at that time.

Quoting Mistycat95:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Bartending/cocktail waitressing

So.Ill.Mama
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Being a cna. I heart old people :-) (I only worked in nursing homes)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Best job- working at Denny's, grave yard shift. I made SO much money, it was ridiculous. Like, stripper money. $8 an hour plus around 150-200 per night in tips. Hard work though, but I didn't mind.

Worst job was probably mega Hallmark. It wasn't actually called "mega" but it was humongous. All that dusting... and the petty women who worked there.. it was really lame.

The job I have now is cool since I get to do it from home. But it's getting reeeeally boring. I'll be done in a little over a year though! Woohoo!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)