Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats your most favorite best job you ever had?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Best Job and my most favorite job I have had so far in my life is as a Ramp Agent aka a Baggage Handler for the Airlines. My very very first Ramp Agent job with a Airline and now I'm with a Contractor who works for a Airline as a Ramp Agent. So what has been your favorite Job that you have done?

Also what do you like the most about your job and what do you like least about your job

My Likes are.................. Working with and around the Airplanes, Working with mostly guys, Working outside and it being physical work, Also getting to drive around the cool tugs on the Ramp. The best part is this is Where my job location is that I have to go punch in everyday is the same Ramp room where I met my Darling Fiance.

My Dislikes are.................... Alot of the people I work with or I should say, some of the people I do work with are Low Lives and not very educated which seems like and not very friendly or professional other than that I like my job for now. :)

simple smile

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (91-96):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Massage therapist. I love soothing people. The connection is amazing and it calms my mind.

FreelanceMommy
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM

A really low paying, low hour job, actually. I was a book seller and I LOVED it. I loved my customers, I loved "having" to read a book every week to put on the staff picks wall, I love my co-workers... I just hated the pay lol.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on May. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

He flys a Learjet for a medivac company. (although, he has his ATP, and technically since it's part 135 it's considered 'commercial' .. but it isn't an airline, like Southwest, Delta, United etc). 

and thanks! I'll get it eventually! It's not at the top of my priority list .. it's just a "one day" type of thing. :) 

Quoting Mistycat95:

Awww well that is great you married a pilot. Does he fly commercial or Cargo? BTW best of luck on you getting your Pilots License. I'm sure hun you will pass with flying colors for say :) I wanted to be a Pilot when I was little LOL but well took a different path in the Aviation industry but yes I wish you the best of luck on that

Mistycat95
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Your very welcome. I mean that :) Now when you say it's part 135 does that mean the Embraer 135 that it's part of?

I agree everything is one day at a time but if it's something you want bad enough it will happen.

Quoting JessT5280:

He flys a Learjet for a medivac company. (although, he has his ATP, and technically since it's part 135 it's considered 'commercial' .. but it isn't an airline, like Southwest, Delta, United etc). 

and thanks! I'll get it eventually! It's not at the top of my priority list .. it's just a "one day" type of thing. :) 

Quoting Mistycat95:

Awww well that is great you married a pilot. Does he fly commercial or Cargo? BTW best of luck on you getting your Pilots License. I'm sure hun you will pass with flying colors for say :) I wanted to be a Pilot when I was little LOL but well took a different path in the Aviation industry but yes I wish you the best of luck on that

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on May. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

No, sorry ... part 135 is the regulation that they fly under. It just means they are an 'on-demand' type of outfit. They are held to the same standards (for the most part) as major airlines like Delta, Alaska, United etc. though, with the difference being that those major airlines fly under part 121 regs (meaning that they are scheduled flights). I just meant that regardless of whether the plane is covered under part 135 or 121 - it's still considered a 'commercial airline'. 

(have I lost you yet? LOL) 

Quoting Mistycat95:

Your very welcome. I mean that :) Now when you say it's part 135 does that mean the Embraer 135 that it's part of?

I agree everything is one day at a time but if it's something you want bad enough it will happen.

Mistycat95
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

LOL no you haven't but I got alittle confused at what you meant sorry LOL. Anyway, okay I kinda get it but that is really neat though

Quoting JessT5280:

No, sorry ... part 135 is the regulation that they fly under. It just means they are an 'on-demand' type of outfit. They are held to the same standards (for the most part) as major airlines like Delta, Alaska, United etc. though, with the difference being that those major airlines fly under part 121 regs (meaning that they are scheduled flights). I just meant that regardless of whether the plane is covered under part 135 or 121 - it's still considered a 'commercial airline'. 

(have I lost you yet? LOL) 

Quoting Mistycat95:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN