Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've quit my meds!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was reading a post last night and decided a woman was right. Anti-depressants are a crutch. So I quit!

It's been 6 hours and all I have is a headache!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Replies (201-208):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not even going to read any of the other replies, just going to jump in with the fact that most anti-depressants cannot be stopped cold turkey. PLEASE speak with your doctor about an appropriate weaning plan. You could die otherwise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
"I did say earlier that I can see why staying off of meat would help with cancer. I DID say that"

" but it irks me to no end when people state one thing when they really mean another"

"Sooooo, going vegan will cure cancer? Bullshit. LOL. Tell that to a vegan that died of cancer"

"Maybe people (including you) should just be more careful and just say what they really mean"

No lady, this includes YOU.

LOL.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Hon, it was YOU that said I could take what I wanted from the conversation. YOU said that remember. LOL.

I was only kidding really. I did say earlier that I can see why staying off of meat would help with cancer. I DID say that. I guess you were too pissed off to notice though. 

My issues is that it is important to be clear. Call me picky or what have you, but it irks me to no end when people state one thing when they really mean another. God forbid that anyone call you on it because then I am the one that is wrong? Maybe people (including you) should just be more careful and just say what they really mean. Blanket statements rarely work out well for anyone. Somehow, me and everyone else, is supposed to go with flow and understand what you mean? Okay then.

Perhaps I could have been a tad less bitchy, but then I wouldn't be me being me. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're so childish.

Stay out of discussions where you have no idea what the fuck you're dealing with.

There is no fixing ignorance. As long as it's it's bliss, I see nothing wrong with you staying there. Just as long as you stay out of the way for people who seek the truth.

Smh

Bye bye now!

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Oh, so when I initially thought it was bullshit, I was right to do so. Great. We're on the same page now. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Correction, it is YOUR responsibility to take what YOU want from a post.

YOU started the hostility by calling bullshit. Have you been on either side of cancer? Have you fought it with chemo? What about fighting it with a lifestyle change?

Jump on whatever wagon you choose. Enjoy the ride.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

You made a blanket statement, I pointed out how the blanket statement couldn't be true and you got butt hurt about it. You also made an assumption about me before I got ugly with you. Go back and read the replies. Tell me that you were not assuming that I would jump on a chemotherapy bandwagon. Did you think that I would thought that way because I told the OP that she shouldn't quit her meds cold turkey? Somewhere you guessed that I would somehow be against what you said, when I was initially just curious as to what you were talking about. You also DID make it sound like any all cancers can be stopped with the miracle diet. It is awesome that it worked for your mom, and your family friend. That really is wonderful. But you also know that just because it worked for them in no way guarantees that it will work everyone and since it it YOU saying it, those of us reading your posts can't fucking GUESS what the HELL it is you are trying to say. It is YOUR job as a poster to be clear with what it is you mean, other wise things like this are going to happen. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If *I* am the one speaking it, it must be from *MY* personal experience and is *MY* opinion, right? What the fuck is wrong with putting out there what may work to save someone else's life too?

Why the hell should I have to put a disclaimer? This is CafeMom.

Are you really that lame that you have to be so fucking ugly towards me? Right, I'm the drama starter here and you're trying to be the damn police, right?

YOU get the fuck over your damned self.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

I would have asked the same questions and given you the same replies regardless of whether or not you were anon. I wasn't making an assumption about you being anon. I took issue with the ridiculous blanket statement that cancer can be stopped in it's tracks by avoiding animal protien. I can see how it would work sometimes, but you didn't make any room for exceptions, and there certainly would be since that wouldn't work for everyone. I also never said I was pro chemotherapy. You assumed I would be cool with pumping toxins in a person, or that everyone should be on meds. Get over yourself. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bash because it is anon. Well, no one knows who you are by your screen name so you're pretty much the same thing.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

What the fuck are you talking about? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you post using your sn doesn't make you any different than anon. You're still pretty anonymous to me.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Good job! I have a friend who stop and shes fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Not wise. How do u feel today?

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Your blanket statement was bullshit. I didn't say that I thought the idea altogether was bad. Don't get it twisted sister. I said exactly what I meant. It is not my fault that you can't follow me . 

Quoting Anonymous:

"I did say earlier that I can see why staying off of meat would help with cancer. I DID say that"

" but it irks me to no end when people state one thing when they really mean another"

"Sooooo, going vegan will cure cancer? Bullshit. LOL. Tell that to a vegan that died of cancer"

"Maybe people (including you) should just be more careful and just say what they really mean"

LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
LOL!

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Your blanket statement was bullshit. I didn't say that I thought the idea altogether was bad. Don't get it twisted sister. I said exactly what I meant. It is not my fault that you can't follow me . 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.

LilliesValley
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm it can be dangerous and deadly to just go off anti depressants. You should go to your doctor and taper off them under medical supervision. If you feel that way it's fine (and I think you mltn don't need them) but you need to do it the right way so you don't become suicidal or anything. You're messing with chemicals in your brain so you can't be too cautious.

Anagalia022
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM

When my doctor took me off 2 different meds. that I haved taken for 3 years.  He told me to tapper off them. I tappered off them didn't have withdraw.  I wish you the best of luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN