Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish i was a sahm

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
I work and go to school and my sil watches bryan while im away well lately that my son is 6 months i feel like she thinks shes the mom or she has in what my child does, eats, anything its seriously pissing me off me and hubby cant live off just income well not at the moment unfortunately and everyone else works ugh just wanted to vent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Domestic.Godess
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
What makes you feel that way?
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

:( I am sorry. I can't imagine having to be away from my kiddos. You are doing what you have to do for your family. I would gently talk to your SIL and just tell her how you feel.

No one can replace you. No one.

proudmama11212
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
He is 6 months and could start solids if i wanted him to she was already making plans to buy baby food and stuff and i told her she lookd upset but didnt say anything other time for bryan was teething and hungry and didnt want the breast and she started saying im getting his bottle ready umm no im here i can feed him and she was bitching saying you cant feed him he dont want the breast and blah

Quoting Domestic.Godess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Its hard to be gentle cause hes mine its not my fault she wants to wait for her next child and i feel he does love her more than me cause everytime we come over he immediately looks and cries for her and doesnt want to be with me :(

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

:( I am sorry. I can't imagine having to be away from my kiddos. You are doing what you have to do for your family. I would gently talk to your SIL and just tell her how you feel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Domestic.Godess
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The best way to resolve this is to be direct while being friendly about it.

Write out a list if specific things and organize by category. Food, nap times, etc...

Then sit down and tell her you appreciate her so much and you might sound a little overbearing but could she follow the list.

Now I don't think your overbearing but saying it is a good way to manipulate the situation. Trust me!

Quoting proudmama11212:

He is 6 months and could start solids if i wanted him to she was already making plans to buy baby food and stuff and i told her she lookd upset but didnt say anything other time for bryan was teething and hungry and didnt want the breast and she started saying im getting his bottle ready umm no im here i can feed him and she was bitching saying you cant feed him he dont want the breast and blah

Quoting Domestic.Godess:

proudmama11212
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Its hard being friendly since they speak spanish and i speak more english than spanish and its hard to translate my words therefore i get frustrated they gonna take it the wrong way and hence fighting with them and hubby

Quoting Domestic.Godess:

The best way to resolve this is to be direct while being friendly about it.

Write out a list if specific things and organize by category. Food, nap times, etc...

Then sit down and tell her you appreciate her so much and you might sound a little overbearing but could she follow the list.

Now I don't think your overbearing but saying it is a good way to manipulate the situation. Trust me!

Quoting proudmama11212:

Quoting Domestic.Godess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Understandable, but she is taking care of him all day so him being attached to her is good. Her being good to him is good.

I have a cousin who had to go through the same. She was working full time and going to school full time and she missed a lot of his first 2 years but now she is making good money working a job and is able to support him. School is important and I know it would be hard, it would rip my heart out to have to leave my kids. We struggled a lot and still can at times because I stay home.

I give you so much credit though. You're doing something that you have to do for your family and I know it hurts but you have to do what you have to do. Your son may love his Aunt but you're his mother and always will be and you will never be replaced.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Its hard to be gentle cause hes mine its not my fault she wants to wait for her next child and i feel he does love her more than me cause everytime we come over he immediately looks and cries for her and doesnt want to be with me :(

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

proudmama11212
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Your words made me cry :) in a good way

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Understandable, but she is taking care of him all day so him being attached to her is good. Her being good to him is good.

I have a cousin who had to go through the same. She was working full time and going to school full time and she missed a lot of his first 2 years but now she is making good money working a job and is able to support him. School is important and I know it would be hard, it would rip my heart out to have to leave my kids. We struggled a lot and still can at times because I stay home.

I give you so much credit though. You're doing something that you have to do for your family and I know it hurts but you have to do what you have to do. Your son may love his Aunt but you're his mother and always will be and you will never be replaced.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I wish I was an oscar mayer wiener

Beebella
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Your sacrifices will bring more blessings and choices in the future :) kids know who mama is no matter who watches them. I was always with a babysitter but I always wanted my mama at the end of the day. You have a bond no one can come between. Try your best to set boundaries and be strong and let her know you appreciate her help but you're the mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN