Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I took my 10 year old to his well child appointment and his doctor asked if he had any questions about his body changing. Thank god he said no. He was sooo embarrassed, so was I. She even mentioned the fact that he's showing signs of puberty. She gave me a list of books to prepare us for that moment lol. I'm so glad his dad is involved in his life. I'll leave that up to him. He's 4'11 and 99 lbs already. Any ladies going through this with their baby?
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (91-98):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM
My girls (9,6 & 2) all know about there changing bodies. We talk about it since they were little and continue to.
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My son is just starting to show some signs and I'm terrified!!!!

Quoting HaleyCovington:

No, My son is still a baby but I grew up in a house of girls so I had no idea what to expect with a boy. The thought of him going through puberty scares the crap out of me too. lol

Here's a bump so maybe someone else has some advice for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

He's 10 -- and you haven't had any sort of 'talk' with him yet???   EPIC FAIL there, "mom".   I'm glad his dad is in his life, too (although it's too bad he's apparently NOT your husband).   *Sigh*.....   Time for me to sign off.   Getting really sick of the enormous number of bad choices being discussed....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Lol I know, how stupid to not talk to your kid about changes in their body!! But then again with this OP I am sooo not surprised

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

You are too embarrassed to talk about puberty and body changes with your son? Holy crud. Poor kid.

meka26
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I have a girl so I am always giving her advice about her body. I would not know where to start with a boy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Lol hahaha. It is one train wreck after another with this one lol

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 10 -- and you haven't had any sort of 'talk' with him yet???   EPIC FAIL there, "mom".   I'm glad his dad is in his life, too (although it's too bad he's apparently NOT your husband).   *Sigh*.....   Time for me to sign off.   Getting really sick of the enormous number of bad choices being discussed....

beco8627
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Oh man...my boys are 5 and 3. I'm gonna embarrass the shit out of them when they start changing. I'm such a blunt, forward, talk about EVERYTHING type of person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Gosh, just maybe because she's mom and parents her kids. Does not expect others to do it. Unlike some

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

Why don't your husband deal with it?

Quoting tysmommy98:

Mines fourteen. I deal with that shit myself. No need to be embrassed. I do ask my husband privately if something or another happened with him. I'm not a guy so I don't always know. I didn't know balls fell. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)