Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers, why do you do this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When there is a parents' activity going on in the morning, why do you pressure the parents to take the kids with them before school is out?

Background:

My daughter has had several parent activities throughout the school year, she's in first grade.  The first was a Patriotic show during Veteran's Day, the second was decorating Gingerbread houses, and the third is tomorrow-- field day. Every time there is an activity, the teacher has a sign out sheet, and if we show up to said activity we are expected to sign our kid out for the rest of the day.  Tomorrow, I cannot take my daughter with me, the rest of the day I have a few errands to run, and I need to be childfree.  And this sounds horrible, but it's mostly for my own sanity-- my husband is deployed and anytime sans children is refreshes me for the next day.  My daughter has been pretty good, but she does not shut up, she does not leave me alone, and I any tasks I need to get down take three times as long.  So I'm not taking her.  But inevitably I will be pressured.  I was just curious as to why?  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Replies (351-351):
Shaylyn318
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

We aren't pressured too but it is an option. I usually bring my kids home afterwards. What kid wants to go back to class when most kids go home anyway? My kids aren't an inconvenience since I am still a SAHM, now once I get a job that may be different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured