Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Target commercial ETA video

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies

Poll

Question: .

Options:

This is America, English only!

It's good to hear some Spanish on American tv

Penis

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

You know the one, with all the babies and what sounds like Shakira(not sure it's her though) singing "If you're happy and you know it" in English & Spanish. Anyway, have you been on the Target Facebook page? People are actually complaining about it, saying "WE'RE IN AMERICA! ENGLISH ONLY POR FAVOR!" Ok, maybe not the last part, but you get the drift. 

What do you think of the commercial? Do you hate it? Does hearing some Spanish on American TV make you loco??

ETA: Here's the commerical, btw.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evolove
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
7 moms liked this

For me, it's one thing if it's on the SPANISH channel but if it is on regular cable GTFO! I don't even let my kids watch Dora lol They need like a "Helga" show for the Spanish channel, teach them to learn ENGLISH! I am not sorry if this offends anyone because if I moved to France, guess what? I'd have to learn French right? I wouldn't expect them to make a "press 2 for French" selection for their phone calls or whatever....so stupid.

tsk tsk

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Bump!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Since America has no official language, I don't see how it even matters.

CafeMom Tickers
.lovemybebes.
by :) on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
That commercial sounds cute.

Off to YouTube!
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I don't feel one way or the other about it. I don't pay much attention to commercials.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
8 moms liked this

In America, a melting pot of different cultures and nationalities all mixed into one, which was established on the very principle of accepting and WELCOMING immigrants there is NO official language. So suck it up, butter-cup!

If you live in America, unless you are descended from Native Americans, your family came from fucking IMMIGRANTS.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
basiclly this

Quoting evolove:

For me, it's one thing if it's on the SPANISH channel but if it is on regular cable GTFO! I don't even let my kids watch Dora lol They need like a "Helga" show for the Spanish channel, teach them to learn ENGLISH! I am not sorry if this offends anyone because if I moved to France, guess what? I'd have to learn French right? I wouldn't expect them to make a "press 2 for French" selection for their phone calls or whatever....so stupid.

tsk tsk

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cyork2
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I voted penis. Only because I'm ovulating and I get ahem, horny, when that happens.
So. Penis it is.
Domestic.Godess
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I think people are stupid when they complain about stupid things like some Spanish on a commercial.
I teach my children to embrace learning more than one language :)
NoahandEliza
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't seen it, but I doubt it would bother me. Even if we live in a mainly English speaking country, wth does it hurt to understand other languages?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)