Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For all of you whom say mean remarks to the skinnies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am skinny. I loose weight easily and I always have. I always get these comments from people go eat a burger. The people making these comments are always overweight. You do not see a skinny person telling a overweight person to go and vomit? But why is it ok for overweight people to make rude comments to skinny people? I dont like eating a lot. I do eat three times a day and maybe snack. I do not appreciate the mean and horrible comments from the overweight people.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm with you.  Why is it socially acceptable to be an belittle people for not being ablet o put weight on?  do people not realize that people who are super skinny also feel very self conscious?  I remember when i was breastfreeding and I was so skinny I was embarassed because I looked gross. 

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on May. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you not been on CM very long? 

Thin women constantly tell overweight women they are fat...put down the fork, put down the burger, go for a walk, etc... women are just naturally mean to each other. It's utterly ridiculous. I can gurantee that overweight women get a lot more ridicule than a thin woman does and it is a constant for them. They are consistently ridiculed by society, yet thin is broadcast as the most desirable look. 

I say this as a thin woman myself.. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mmprincess
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I have an eatting disorder.  It is managed now but growing up I struggled.  People ued to make the rudest comment about my weight (even thoughs that suspected my disorder).  People didn't stop until I was an adult and told them my struggles with weight.  I would also come right out and say I respect you enough not to comment on your weight please respect me enough to not comment on mine.  Try it sometime it usually leaves them speachless!  Not going anon in hopes to help someone dealing with the same.

blues_pagan
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think rude comments on either side are needed or warranted.  Just let people be already!  MYOB!

LovelyMommy24
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I'm thin and I do not make comments to anyone. However, if I see someone who is obviously anorexic or has some sort of an eating disorder I do feel bad for them.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Girl it goes both ways. When I was skinny I never got nasty remarks. But know that I am bigger. I sure as heck do. There will always be people out there that judge and you have to learn to just move on and roll your eyes at them.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I'm a big lady and I don't make rude remarks to any skinny person. My BFF is tiny and if anything her and I encourage eachother to get a appropriate weights. She loses weight easily and I don't, but still we are two peas in a pod helping eachother! Anyone that says anything is a jerk. Once someone who was skinny yelled at me and said "why bother fatty?" That hurt but I am still going.

valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM
This was me after i had my dd. :( i got very skinny, my face was deadly looking. I couldn't help it. Nothing tasted good and i could barely finish meals. After nursing i would become extremely weak. Chocolate milk was the only thing i could drink. One day i went to eat out with family and i was fine. After that i got my appetite back thank god. It took me a while tho to look healthy. My mom and grandma would tell me i looked like death. My FIL always commented on how skinny i was. It was horrible! Iv always been skinny and people always make comments and make me feel bad.

Quoting lovemyfriend:

i'm with you.  Why is it socially acceptable to be an belittle people for not being ablet o put weight on?  do people not realize that people who are super skinny also feel very self conscious?  I remember when i was breastfreeding and I was so skinny I was embarassed because I looked gross. 

valeriesmom1112
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I cracked up at the telling fat people to go vomit.

Seriously tho, i agree. I dont think anyone should be made fun of on their weight. Skinny, normal, chubby, overweight, or obese.
LovelyMommy24
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quoting mmprincess:

I have an eatting disorder.  It is managed now but growing up I struggled.  People ued to make the rudest comment about my weight (even thoughs that suspected my disorder).  People didn't stop until I was an adult and told them my struggles with weight.  I would also come right out and say I respect you enough not to comment on your weight please respect me enough to not comment on mine.  Try it sometime it usually leaves them speachless!  Not going anon in hopes to help someone dealing with the same.

My aunt once made a comment to me, well she had made many but I finally got so pissed off that I said, "Just because I'm thin doesn't mean I do not eat." She didn't even say anything back. PS. I'm glad to hear it's managed now. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)