Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IF YOU ARE AN ADULT !!!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 69 Replies

You should know not to spend yourself broke .  I know 2 different people right now with kids that do not have a dollar to there name co workers do this as well they get payed on Friday it is gone by Sunday no neither one of them has spent it all on bills one of them is my sister and she will say i budgeted to go out to eat I should have had enough IDK what happened.  Things come up that is what happened , you used extra gas, you bought 2 extra sodas from the convenience store whatever why do people do this ?

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

because they didn't budget. simple.  when you budget, there is always something left over, in the event of an emergency.  Hopefully one day they will wake up, it sucks that the kids are subjected to this.

rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Sometimes its unavoidable.

My husband and I argue all the time over his spending habits. It seems like he thinks if he has money hes just GOT to spend it. Or I come up with a budget and he goes out and buys something stupid that he did not mention when we planned the budget (like $50 on lottery tickets!)

illinoismommy83
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
6 moms liked this

It is a lot easier to budget as an adult when you have the qualifications for a job that pays adult wages.

At min wage I'd be broke 2 days after being paid as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Why don't you use periods & commas?

2ltlmonkeyz
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

because they didn't budget. simple.  when you budget, there is always something left over, in the event of an emergency.  Hopefully one day they will wake up, it sucks that the kids are subjected to this.

I agree I asked my sister what is she going to do one day when people get tired of handing her 20 bucks and a kid needs milk or diapers or something I have paid for 3 field trips for my nephew this year bc she was not expecting it . I am thinking he is in school they need something every week he also hot a zero on a end of the year project because she did not have enough money to buy a poster board and markers.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Well everyone is different and in different situations. For a long time we did not make enough. So as soon as the money was in the bank it was gone. Just how it was for a bit. Not what we wanted but had to work with it at the time. Till things got better.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I would be mad !

Quoting rphardwick:

My husband and I argue all the time over his spending habits. It seems like he thinks if he has money hes just GOT to spend it. Or I come up with a budget and he goes out and buys something stupid that he did not mention when we planned the budget (like $50 on lottery tickets!)

Kage336
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
My DF is the same way. 99% of our fights are about money. His parents are terrible with money and he seems to have the same damn attitude.

Quoting rphardwick:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you use periods & commas?

I am lazy and dont feel like it  english or writing was never a strong suit for me . ahh see i put a period.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

there are a lot of stupid people out there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)