Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We ran over a neigbor's dog today :( LONG

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
We live way back in the country. We were heading home on our long stretch of our road and about half a mile before a neighbor's house, we see their 3 dogs. It is a pug and two black and white puppies.

Their dogs are always in the road whenever I drive by. I sometimes even have to come to a complete stop in front of their house because the dogs or chickens are at a dead stop in the middle
of the road. I honk to get dog to move. The man
will jerk open door and holler at me. Somehow he was able to have signs that say "25 mph" right by his house. Instead of the normal 35 speed limit in our little community. He lives a mile from our house.

So we are driving down the road and pass the neighbor who is going to the school bus stop (at a church). Our kids get dropped off at same
Place. We turn on our road and the pug runs right in front of us and we hit the brakes but still hit the dog :( It is half a mile from his owners house. I am very upset. I pull the dog onto the side of road instead of the middle of the road.

We go home and my husband cleans up our 3 year and I decide to go get our 7 year old from the Bus stop and for me to tell the guy that we hit his dog.

I am crying before I get there and when I get there, I walk over to him. It is before kids get off the bus. I am still crying. I walk up to his car and he says automatically "which one did you hit?" I say "the pug". He flies out of his car and starts screaming and cussing me out. He says "thats my wife and kids dog!" He says that he always sees my truck going about 80 down the road. And that he always tries to tell me to slow down. I said "I never go that fast down the road. I always go the speed limit". It's a curvy small road. I would flip my truck if I even went extremely fast. I kept trying to apologize and he starts saying how he's on the police jury and had those signs made and I always speed. I told him that I always honk at his dog to get out of the road and that I wasn't speeding. His dog ran out in front of me. He kept cussing and screaming and then he was like "fuck it. Just don't worry about!" I walk away crying.

His friend was parked next to him and as I walked back to my truck, I heard him screaming
And cussing about me.

I feel horrible that we killed that pug :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this
That want happens when you don't pen the dogs up
Its not your fault
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

At least you felt bad and pulled over. The lady who hit my sister's dog yesterday just looked at her and kept driving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I just feel so bad. I gripe about the dog everyday but never expected to actually hit it.

Quoting silverdawn99:

That want happens when you don't pen the dogs up

Its not your fault

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
How terrible :(

Quoting bethgoedeken:

At least you felt bad and pulled over. The lady who hit my sister's dog yesterday just looked at her and kept driving.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thats sad. The dogs shouldnt have had free reign like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

That idiot should not own pets or have children, for that matter, if he doesn't realize that it is the pet owner's responsibility to keep their animals from darting into traffic.

blessedbyGod141
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
His dogs shouldn't be in the road. That's the owner's fault.
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
At least you had the decency to inform him, & move the dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoInLove515
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
If he was that worried about ir..he should have had his dog in a fenced yard. Digs and roads equal road kill. It's not your fault.
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Poor puppy. However, the dog owners can go fuck themselves. They are more at fault than you are. I don't care where you live (yes, I've lived in the country). If you dog has a habit of being in the street. Keep your dog pinned up. People who fail to protect their animals piss me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)