Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We ran over a neigbor's dog today :( LONG

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We live way back in the country. We were heading home on our long stretch of our road and about half a mile before a neighbor's house, we see their 3 dogs. It is a pug and two black and white puppies.

Their dogs are always in the road whenever I drive by. I sometimes even have to come to a complete stop in front of their house because the dogs or chickens are at a dead stop in the middle
of the road. I honk to get dog to move. The man
will jerk open door and holler at me. Somehow he was able to have signs that say "25 mph" right by his house. Instead of the normal 35 speed limit in our little community. He lives a mile from our house.

So we are driving down the road and pass the neighbor who is going to the school bus stop (at a church). Our kids get dropped off at same
Place. We turn on our road and the pug runs right in front of us and we hit the brakes but still hit the dog :( It is half a mile from his owners house. I am very upset. I pull the dog onto the side of road instead of the middle of the road.

We go home and my husband cleans up our 3 year and I decide to go get our 7 year old from the Bus stop and for me to tell the guy that we hit his dog.

I am crying before I get there and when I get there, I walk over to him. It is before kids get off the bus. I am still crying. I walk up to his car and he says automatically "which one did you hit?" I say "the pug". He flies out of his car and starts screaming and cussing me out. He says "thats my wife and kids dog!" He says that he always sees my truck going about 80 down the road. And that he always tries to tell me to slow down. I said "I never go that fast down the road. I always go the speed limit". It's a curvy small road. I would flip my truck if I even went extremely fast. I kept trying to apologize and he starts saying how he's on the police jury and had those signs made and I always speed. I told him that I always honk at his dog to get out of the road and that I wasn't speeding. His dog ran out in front of me. He kept cussing and screaming and then he was like "fuck it. Just don't worry about!" I walk away crying.

His friend was parked next to him and as I walked back to my truck, I heard him screaming
And cussing about me.

I feel horrible that we killed that pug :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
our dog took off one morning and was hit. never once did I blame the guy that hit him. I even posted notes to the driver letting him know how it wasn't his fault. he did stop and pick up my dogs destroyed collar and took it to the nearest house- my dog was injured and ran. in the note I apologized to him for having to go through that. Sorry that you had to also op.
amberlyp
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I'm so sorry that you hit the dog :( I'd be so upset if I ever killed an animal. I can't believe he went insane on you. He should be more responsible with his dogs
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on May. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

People need to keep their dogs contained, even in the country. I have had so many dogs run in front of me while driving. I have hit two of them (one died, the other ran off limping). Both times I was following the speed limit and both times Istopped to inform the owners because I was not on my way to work. In fact, I spent 30 minutes searching for the dog that was limping. I felt awful, but those dogs should not have been running loose like that. There is onthing you can do to stop a car that fast.

Also, I was once hit by a Saint Bernard. He T-boned my car. Scared the shit out of me, dented my driver's side rear door, but he ran off and seemed fine.

pregnancy

kngarber
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Fuck him. What a dick. That's on him and he knows it. Sorry that happened :(
DragonInfinity
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Well he must not have cared too much about, for not keeping it off the road. It happens honey, it's not your fault, its the owners fault.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Just remember he was probably acting on raw emotion. His dogs should not be allowed to roam free. I have a feeling you likely do speed through there, but that has nothing to do with his dog being in the road. Hopefully he will keep them fenced in and you need to slow down.
LaMerica
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'm sorry that that happened to you and the dog. If the owner was so concerned, he should have kept the dog in his own yard.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
That is so sad that the owners are so negligent. Leashes are for the dogs protection, here.
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Yeah, its a good thing I wasn't there...The police probably would have been called I would have flipped out on her.

Quoting Anonymous:

How terrible :(

Quoting bethgoedeken:

At least you felt bad and pulled over. The lady who hit my sister's dog yesterday just looked at her and kept driving.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

it's pretty shitty that your dh made you go up him and talk to him. he knew the guy is an asshole, he knew you were already upset, what did he think was going to happen? he didn't want to deal with the jerk, so he let you get yelled and cussed at.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN