Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you be arrested if....added some info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

you know where someone is and you tell the bounty hunter you don't and it comes back that you lied to them?

I'm not sure how all that works, but unfortunately thanks to my dumb ass husband..find my self in a position of needing to know. This is really an after the fact information gathering mission. The person was already found.

EDIT...Thanks ladies! A lot of conflicting answers though! I think I'm gonna go with yes you can, just to be on the safe side!

I dont know why someone would lie, dh didnt thats how they found the person. But now there are a couple people pissed the hell off at him. I told him not to cosign in the first place, but he obviously didnt listen. Then he lied to me about it! I didnt find out until the bonds man called MY cell phone looking for this person. I can tell you I was one hot momma. Apperently, this person and a couple others think my dh should have lied to them, we dont have the 10,000 grand to pay the bonds man back and none of them offered it up. I swear dh is so...just stupid. Why dont some men just listen?!?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Wow, no clue.
Why lie though?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM
IDK, maybe so, for interfering
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Yes. You become an accomplice I believe. I forget the term for hiding a criminal.

Eta
Ive been quoted 3x. Thank you for helping me...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I don't think you can get in trouble for lying to a bounty hunter, I think that only is an issue when it's the cops.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

i don't think you can get into trouble for lying to a bounty hunter...  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yea
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yes you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yes, you can be charged with obstruction of justice and aiding/abetting criminal activity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Aiding and abedding

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. You become an accomplice I believe. I forget the term for hiding a criminal..
wendythewriter
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I think it could be technically considered to be obstruction or harboring a fugitive. Whether they'll actually do anything about it depends on the situation. I imagine in a case where the person is really dangerous, they'd be more likely to follow up on what you did than if it was something minor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured