Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh hell no! he did not! POLL ADDED INFO

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: would you be mad if this happened to you?

Options:

yes

no

other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

ok so with mothers day right around th corner, i was looking online to send my mom and his mom and my step mother a lil something for mothers day. i call dh and this is how the converstaion went, ( will be v and he will be j)

V; hey babe you got a minute to talk?

J; yeah bae whats up

V; found what im sending our moms, they have some nice roses on ftd. com, will be about 100 bucks for everyone

J well go ahead and get and it find something on there for your self, im not sure if i will be able to get you anything.

V fine love you bye.

and i hung up right after that. he had the nerve to tell me to buy my own mothers day gift.

he texted a few mins ago, hey you mad about something. i just told him im busy with kids and will talk at lunch

ADDED INFO im a little hurt that he could not have gone to the store and bought me flowers, I was just upset about that I know what im getting and when it will be here, I just wanted to be surprised for mothers day and not Tuesday when ftd said my roses will be in, its just that I try to do something nice for him on fathers day, his birthday and chirstmas, and I get half assed shit from him. like last year, I got nothing for mothers day, I got 1 gift from him for chirstmas and he got me 1 thing for my birthday. this year im not putting as much work into his gifts anymore.
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I would be glad to pick out my own gift!

MommeeTo4
by &1more on May. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
No.
chelsone
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
He couldnt get it, but im assuming hes still paying for it, and you get to pick out exactly what you want. I would love it.
QuirkyMom26
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Sigh.

To ME personally, I would be thrilled. I get to pick out something for myself that I KNOW I will like and enjoy. 

How old are your kids?.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I took over my own gift buying after our very first Christmas together. Dh sucks at it and pawns it off on his sister and she and I do not have the same taste. I always get something I love this way. LOL He makes me feel special in other ways. He will cook me dinner and wait on me hand and foot and that's good enough for me.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I would be hurt not mad. Mothers days is the same damn Sunday every year. I expect my husband to teach my children how to treat their mother.How to celebrate her on those few days per year. Thankfully mine does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband said to me yesterday "how about I just give you some cash and you go get yourself something you want" I told him that's a good way for him to bleed. What he doesn't know is that I know his password for his bank account and saw yesterday a $600 purchase at Kays. I'm pretty sure he got me a pandora bracelet and charms :)
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I would be making a Quick dash for plaza. Ch, guess then a&f and maybe Macy's on the way back. He didn't say what I could and couldn't get XD I get an outfit!
xomrs.chase
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
No. Lol after getting plants more than once (and killing them all) and giving subtle hints.... I gave up.

I shared in another post: got a Kay's coupon, circled the necklace I wanted, and put it all in his insulin kit lol

Zero disappointment
bear.katten
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Lol me too!

Quoting Megan11587:

I would be glad to pick out my own gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN