Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you and your SO fight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you and your SO fight?

Options:

Daily

Weekly

Monthly

Rarely

Never

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 501

View Results

My DH and I got into a fight last night. I hadn't eaten all day and was really anxious to get dinner going so I could eat sooner rather than later, but he told DD to do the dishes. I didn't want to undermine him because I appreciate his helping me keep things on track, but at the same time, I hadn't eaten all day and I was hungry, dammit, lol. So I told her to let me know when she was done so I could start dinner because there isn't enough room for us both to be in there doing stuff, especially when I needed the counter space and everything. He said he was sorry and he didn't know it was going to cause WWIII to ask her to do the dishes. I was like, WHAT? He said, I didn't know you were gonna be a bitch about it. I was like, well, I didn't think I was being a bitch, and that wasn't WWIII, but... and then it went downhill from there. It seems like we're fighting a lot these days.

How do you know when it's too much fighting and you should do something?

Is it normal to fight frequently?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Honestly, not that often.  In the past year, we've actually fought (not minor disagreements, but full blown argument) once.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
4 moms liked this
We argue often.
It's us. It works for us. We are both very passionate hot headed people.
If it feels like its too much, it must be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this

I get snappy when I get hungry, too!  Hubby knows me by now so he lays low and talks to me after I am well fed.  lol.

We have been together for 19 years and have had only 1 major fight.  It was ugly.  Kids saw it.  And it was over something stupid, too. 

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
We do dumb arguments, not enough to call it a fight.
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Since we fight less than monthly I said "rarely."  We probably have two fights a year.  

vegepunkstr
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
We dont fight very often at all but if dh said something like that to me there would definitely be one. That was rude! He could have said sorry and left it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
We don't have many big fights, but we have a good deal of little ones. Mainly bc her suffers from PTSD and has major stress/temper coping/management issues. And moods could almost be described as bipolar. I knew when e got married he had the issues (he was already diagnosed) . I also tend to push his buttons somewhat often to make sure he gets out his frustrations, otherwise they build and when they do come out, its not pretty.
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
We've never had a real fight. We disagree and may argue a little, but its never escalated to that point. As for frequency, it depends. There are times when we argue daily and then there are times that we will go a month or more without a disagreement.
ssocalgirl6
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM
This is us also. We never call each other names or cross the line of really upsetting the other

Quoting MIA0223:

We argue often.

It's us. It works for us. We are both very passionate hot headed people.

If it feels like its too much, it must be!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Rarely. We use to more but we worked through a lot together & now we rarely do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)