Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whole Foods and FS *EDIT*

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I just found out through the grape vine that Whole Foods accepts FS. I had no idea. I think it is absolutely wonderful that people can have the choice of healthier foods. Even if their families are in times of distress. 

I know FS is a touchy subject around here. 

What are your opinions?

The reason why I consider them healthier than other stores is because they are currently labeling their GMO free products. My friend has a son with terrible GI problems and is the one that brought this to my attention in the first place. She as well as myself are trying to stay completely GMO free. 

"And I’m eating at the beat like you gave a little speed to a great white shark on shark week. RAW!"

by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I don't have an opinion.
I don't even know what exactly whole foods is. Not one in my area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You can get healthy food at a regular store as well. Half of what is on Whole Foods' shelves is just the same as any other store. Its been proven, read the labels.

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Really?
That's awesome.
We don't have one close (its about 20miles or so)
But that's good
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I wasn't always a fan of Whole Foods. I have come back to it lately since they are now labling all their GMO free products. Otherwise it is a nightmare to do in a normal store. 

But that isn't on the topic I posted about. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

You can get healthy food at a regular store as well. Half of what is on Whole Foods' shelves is just the same as any other store. Its been proven, read the labels.

"And I’m eating at the beat like you gave a little speed to a great white shark on shark week. RAW!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Fast food places take fs too *shrugs*

Eta- by fast food i mean pretty much places that sell food that aren't grocery stores lol
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I've heard this, but I've never known anyone that got fast food with FS or seen any proof of it. So I disreguard it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Fast food places take fs too *shrugs*

illinoismommy83
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't think Whole Foods is a magical store. You can get plenty of healthy food at the normal grocery store. I don't see the urge to spend more at WF. I guess if free money then WF sounds exciting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You can get healthy food everywhere. Whole Foods is good for fancier, more expensive items like good cheeses or wines. It's a waste of fs, IMO.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I wish everyone on FS would eat healthier. Everyone in general should be. I'm a high recommender of growing your own stuff seasonally too, it saves a lot of money, they can buy seeds with FS and its healthier. I don't know what whole foods is but I'm assuming something similar to trader joes, if so, they can use their FS wiser.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on May. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM

This was what I was thinking as well. Since everyone throws a fit about the moutain dew and sugar snacks bought with it. 

Healthy shopping is an option. 

I also didn't know you could buy seed with it. Learn something new everday! 

Quoting wkukid:

I wish everyone on FS would eat healthier. Everyone in general should be. I'm a high recommender of growing your own stuff seasonally too, it saves a lot of money, they can buy seeds with FS and its healthier. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)