Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stand the way the kids want to constantly sit all over you.............am I the only one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

OMG I just made the four year old cry!!!  The baby just went to sleep for her morning nap.   I have not had ONE minute to just sit down for a few moments this morning.  Not even for a second cuppa java and choke down the other half of my bagel.

So.............I tell the four year old- you wish to watch a cartoon so I can sit for a bit? sure she says..

I get my coffee, the bagel, I sit down in the ONLY spot that is comfy for me, a recliner- a small recliner... and as usual...EVERY TIME one sits down,  the kids want to sit right ON ME.  The older kids are in school.. but when they are home- oh yes, EACH time one sits down- they ALL want to be RIGHT ON ME.   And it would not be too bad at times.. a bit of a cuddle..

BUT they squirm... they move.. they never shut up... elbows into my poor poor breasts... fiddle with my hair.... oh my gosh just stop it!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT... for crying out loud... GET off of me! Just stop it.. Just GO lay down on one the OTHER TWO SOFAS in here! Is THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? Do you HAVE to lay ON me?

The four year old was just told  JUST QUIT with the wiggling... if you don't want to watch the TV for 15 minutes, then GET UP AND GO PLAY but get off of me!!!

Made her cry...........sigh...................

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't say I understand I work 10 hours a day so come home to lo wanting to hang all.over me makes my day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

She feels bad right now but she'll get it when she is a Mom

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Sorry. My 5 year old rarely wants cuddles so I don't get this :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I totally get it.  Get your elbow out of my boob and we can cuddle; you want to squirm and cause me agony, umm... no.

garnet83
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I get like that sometimes. My 4 and 5 year olds are that way. I love love love to snuggle them and love holding them. But sometimes, I do need a little time to breathe. They do dig their elbows in to me and squirm all over me. I'm also hot natured and I start feeling too hot from the body heat. So, yeah, sometimes I need them to give me a few minutes to just sprawl across the nice cool leather couch untouched. Usually after a few minutes, I'm ready to snuggle again.

handy0318
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sounds like it's time to start teaching that everyone likes personal space.  As long as you're an affectionate mom and give lots of hugs and do allow for some cuddle time, there is no reason why you can never have a moment to just sit by yourself.  

ACDC_fan
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have no problem telling my almost 3 year old DD "nope. Mommy's sitting here. Either sit on the other end of the couch or get down."

illinoismommy83
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

You get 10 hours a day break from the kids. You get 10 hours a day to exist in the adult world. Going back to work is a fantasy of mine. I think I would appreciate my kids more if they weren't on top of me screaming all day.

Quoting Newmom8912:

I can't say I understand I work 10 hours a day so come home to lo wanting to hang all.over me makes my day :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I agree. Mine are 11 and 9 and still try to sit on me. My 11 year old has the boniest butt ever and I can not count the number of bruises they have given me over the years from knees and elbows. I love them, but geez, sit in your own seat already!

NaturalMama1026
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
My kids are all clingy and its usually the same. All 4 pile on the one time I get to sit. Every once in awhile I need s break and ask them to move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)