Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FAMILY cookout NEIGHBORHOOD kids asking for food HELP!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 253 Replies
Ok so my family (Me my DH my DD7and my DS 20months) we cook out alot during the summer (maybe twice a month) We've lived in this apartment for about 3 years. And I love it thrres an awesome park about a block away. It has a big park and a little one which has picnic tables a bathroom. Well anyway we haven't had this problem before with cooking out beause my daughter doesn't play with to many kids in this area. But she recently started playing with a little girl that lives in the same building as us. So last weekend when we were getting ready to start cooking she invited the little girl to make S'mores with us AFTER we ate. So the next thing I know there was 6-7 other little kids sitting around us asking for food asking OVER AND OVER when we were going to make S'mores and I dident even know these kids the little girl must of went around inviting all these kids. I dident want to be mean but we only brought food for us so these kids were sitting around us eating chips and drinking our pop I gave them and idk why but these two moms must of felt offended and came sat close to us with dairyqueen food for there 3 kids and they had an attitude towards me (WTF is wrong with people I dident even know them or there kids) Well after that I had a headache I was annoyed and there kids STILL kept coming to our 2 tables taking pop ketchup chips. So I had to go back to the store to buy more S'more stuff because all these kids were just sitting around waiting. Well anyways this Sunday I've invited some family over to have a cookout so we could see some family I've had this planned for 2 weeks and idk what to do!!! EVERYTIME I SEE ANY OF THESE KIDS THEY KEEP ASKING OVER AND OVER WHEN THE NEXT TIME I'M GOING TO MAKE S'MORES AND IT'S ANNOYING IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE RICH WHAT CAN I DO?????      
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Tall to their parents
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
14 moms liked this
Tell them that this time is family time, that you will let them know when you are doing something just for kids.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Tell their parents to control their damn kids. That's very rude of them.
KyBugsMommy815
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm not understanding where these children's parents are.. I would tell them politely that this time its just for our family. Maybe later on you could track down their parents and everyone chip in for a s'mores party or something?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
12 moms liked this

They are kids.  You live in an apartment and are grilling and eating in a common area.  If you want the food for just your family, take it back to your apartment and eat it once it is cooked.  It sounds like the kids had fun and are just looking for their next smores party.  Wouldn't you have when you were six?

JustBreath2013
by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
We bbq every weekend in warm weather...mind you we have a fenced in house but I buy enough extra so that drop ins aren't left out. If you cannot afford it tell the kids no and tell them why. Explain o their parents your issue.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
If they ask just say sorry I don't have enough for everyone, they'll understand
Teeshann
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Tell the kids this is a family cook out and to go home. If you have to go tell the parents to come keep their kids out of your food. If you don't say no they will keep comimg back.
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
9 moms liked this
Just tell them no. I can't stand children that beg.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
7 moms liked this
I would not feed kids i dont know. What if they had an alergic reaction? You could be sued! Same with if they were diabetic! They get a sugar overload and have to be hospitalized or even die you would be at fault!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)