Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion Doesn't Make Sense

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 420 Replies
16 moms liked this

The only way I can understand it is if the mother is in danger of her health such as a raped 12 year old. For everyone else, it doesn't make sense. You chose to have sex, you know you could get pregnant, why not take responsibility? It doesn't make sense for so many reasons, but I'll list just a few that have really boggled me and nobody has EVER answered these questions for me, just stepped around them.

1. By abortion logic, a baby doesn't count as a human until it's born, so a baby then that's in the womb may 16th isn't a baby, but if it's born may 17th then it magically turns into a person all the sudden?? Why wasn't it a person one day before? It was just as developed.

2. For babies that survive abortion(which happens all too often) they are born and alive, so how are the drs justified in killing them after that? Do they become babies if they survive abortion or should they still be killed?

3. What gives anyone the right to decide when a baby is old enough to be considered human? The heart beats very early and the brain forms early. My drs have always referred to the baby in my stomach as a baby. 

4. If you chose to have sex and got pregnant, then why abort just b/c you're inconvenienced? Is it really that hard to wait 9 months and give it to a family for adoption?

5. All throughout history, when people wanted to justify killing others they'd dehumanize them such as the black slaves by making them look dumb or like criminals or how the nazis treated jews. We dehumanize babies by calling them by other words. Some abortion practices such as salt burning were created by nazis but are now used to kill babies. How do you not see that history is repeating itself by abortions?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

hmm again no answers to these questions as always. surprise surprise. I wonder why...hmm let's see....oh yeah that's b/c there are none.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Its all personal choice. I believe it is alright to do, if it is done early enough like until it cannot survive outside the womb w/out help. The late term one's I don't believe are right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM
25 moms liked this

A fetus is human, I have NEVER seen anyone say otherwise. However, there is a difference between a born human with rights and a fetus. Many people consider a fetus a "baby" when it reaches the point of viability.

I don't know how often you think it happens, but more than half of the abortions that are performed are done before week 9. The next biggest number are done before 12 weeks - a fetus at this point has zero chances of survival. Late term abortions account for less than 1% of the abortions that are done, and that is when the fetus is viable.

No one is arguing that a fetus is not human. However, it does not have personhood. Your doctors may have referred to your baby as a baby, others refer to it as a fetus. My doctor referred to it as a fetus up until a week or two before my due date.

For some it is hard to give up nine months. I know I would not want to give up my body for nine months just so another person can take it. Also, do you really believe that adoption is that easy? If there are thousands of people waiting to adopt, and thousands of kids waiting to be adopted, why are there so many still in foster homes?

Easy. A born human =/= a fetus. Slaves and Jews don't depend on one person for all of their care. They can take care of themselves, and they can be taken care of by anyone. A fetus cannot get support from anyone but it's host, until it is born.

GaleJ
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
12 moms liked this

I am glad that for you it is so simple, and of course you have the choice to follow your beliefs. For many women the reality is that an unplanned pregnancy, for whatever reason, is beyond that with which they can cope and they too should be able to choose their path based on their own beliefs. 

As for me, I believe that pregnancy is the potential for life but that many things, including elective abortion, may end a pregnancy. I leave it to each woman to decide for herself and understand that such decisions are very personal and should not be subject to judgment from others. The idea that because a woman has sex she must then accept an unwanted pregnancy and have a child is medieval and is not the reality for woman today. No woman should ever be forced to continue a pregnancy against her will and I trust that women will make the best decision for themselves for that particular point in their lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this
I will get an abortion if I want one I don't give a damn
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM
5 moms liked this

It is not a person or a baby until it is born. HOWEVER, it is not viable until 12 weeks which is when most abortions are done by. Very few are done after 12 weeks.

2. I haven't heard of any abortions where the fetus wa alive and then killed by the doctors. Are you referring to late term abortions?

3. My drs. referred to the fetus until about 24 weeks and then it was a baby.

4. Not everyone wants to carry a child for 9 months and then give it away. It's their body, their choice.

5.We are not committing genocide by allowing abortions to be legal that is comapring apples and oranges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What doesn't make sense is having a kid you can't, or wont take care of. Or having a kid at such an inopportune time in ones life that the kid will undoubtedly suffer in some way. I'm not a fan of adoption, too many girls that shouldn't be mothers go back on their plan to place for adoption at the time of birth, and that's not fair to the child, any more than abortion is. No life, is better than some I've seen kids have to live through.

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I used to feel the same way until my dumbass was LITERALLY 16 and pregnant. I was stupid and scared. Im happy I had that option because there was no way we could have afforded a baby, let alone by myself, and the father didn't want a baby either. Did we have sex? Yes, of course, was it a stupid mistake? Yes , of course. Should I have aborted, in your opinion, a baby, no. But I did and I cried tearsof joy afterward because I wouldn't have to ruin my life. I guess, all I can say is don't judge until it's happened to you. And for anyone who wasnt a dumbass kid in high school, GOOD JOB!
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM
5 moms liked this
So it has to be a raped kid, screw a raped adult?? Nice logic...just let it go, you will get the same damn argument over and over and over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)